Are you fed up with the moaners on the REME Forum in Arrse?

Discussion in 'REME' started by remerus, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. <table><tr><td>Are you one of those Arrse users who regularly check in to the REME board only to find it is full of backstabbing, moaning, sarcasm, and annoying messages from a few disgruntled ex-REME, or even other cap badges just dropping in to sabotage the few good threads?</tr></td>

<tr><td>If the answer to the above is yes, then you can do something about it.

There is a new site, launched in August 2006, that is produced specifically for REME (both serving soldiers, family and REME-retired), which has an Esprit de Corps running through it.</tr></td>

<tr><td>It is full of features, like RSS-fed BBC Headlines and Barclays Premiership News, an online Chat Room (Flashchat), Newsletters, Surveys, Forums, Member Ranking (REME specific), Member Google Map and much more.</tr></td>

<tr><td>To see what all the noise has been about send your browser to:</tr></td>
  2. I like the REME moaners personally. The more moaning the merrier I say. Couldn't see where to register a vote though. Standards slipping I reckon. In my day....
  3. As on 010906 at 2100hrs

We're doing a bit of work on our site, so we'll be down for a while.
    Check back later to see if we're up.

Must be signing off!!!
  4. The post question was not meant to be a poll here in Arrse, just a probing one.

All good sites do maintenance, it is up and runningagain as at 0930 020906.

For future reference I will post the planned maintenance times in a message on the homepage to warn users when getting on will be restricted.

I ain't no web master yet! Just a VMA. But I am working on it!!!

The site is run at no cost to its members or receives any sponsorship like Arrse, but it is hoped that if the interest grows then it may be possible to invest in some development that may need to look at funding.
  5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

A few thoughts:

1. Good luck with the site. I remember the learning curve we had when we started ARRSE and then during each iteration of our software.

2. I'd try and get a better theme than the one you are currently running. There are loads of good DF ones out there.

3. Check you site at different resolutions and in different browsers. I'm running Firefox at 1288 x1002 px and I very much doubt that it looks the way you think it should. The Firefox web developer toolbar is a very useful add in for doing this.

4. 12 hours for 'site maintenance' - wow! Whatever you are doing I think you could be doing it in a much cleverer way. Apache/MySQL/Linux come equipped with all the tools to do most maintenance in a seemless manner. Even when our servers crash we're never down for more than an hour or two. Feel free to ask for advice if you need it.

5. You desperately need content - register a few users yourself and create conversations.
  6. my arse are you a VMA............your a B Shop squatter through and through....... :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. This is exactly the sort of posting remerus is talking about. I find that while in the main ARRSE is a good site it's idiot postings like this that drag it down (Particularly on the REME page).
  8. Oi craftsmanx do one!!!!!!!!! you knober......have you ever thought maybe i know remerus???? I'm sure he would see the funny side of it....

So do me a favour and go and fight your own little battles...

TAM out..........
  9. Is this another REME attempt to rip ARRSE off by knocking up a 20p version?

This is not the first time that REME left to its own devices attempts to duplicate perfectly sound, established things
  10. good to see squat mechs getting their just desserts!!!tea makers and masterbaters! :twisted:
  11. And just what, may I ask, is wrong with masturbation?
  12. Lifted from 'Remerus' today....

So being a kn@bheed is out but being blatently sexist is fine? I can see why we need this place.......
  13. If a soldier isn't moaning then theres something wrong with him/her. Its what we do best.
  14. Moaning and REME go hand in hand.
  15. .........get yourself over to the Sigs Forum as that gentlemen, is whinging!! :wink: