Are you fed up with the moaners on the REME Forum in Arrse?

<table><tr><td>Are you one of those Arrse users who regularly check in to the REME board only to find it is full of backstabbing, moaning, sarcasm, and annoying messages from a few disgruntled ex-REME, or even other cap badges just dropping in to sabotage the few good threads?</tr></td>

<tr><td>If the answer to the above is yes, then you can do something about it.

There is a new site, launched in August 2006, that is produced specifically for REME (both serving soldiers, family and REME-retired), which has an Esprit de Corps running through it.</tr></td>

<tr><td>It is full of features, like RSS-fed BBC Headlines and Barclays Premiership News, an online Chat Room (Flashchat), Newsletters, Surveys, Forums, Member Ranking (REME specific), Member Google Map and much more.</tr></td>

<tr><td>To see what all the noise has been about send your browser to:
www.remerus.co.uk</tr></td>
</table>

remerus said:
Are you fed up with the moaners on the REME Forum in Arrse?
I like the REME moaners personally. The more moaning the merrier I say. Couldn't see where to register a vote though. Standards slipping I reckon. In my day....

remerus said:
<table><tr><td>Are you one of those Arrse users who regularly check in to the REME board only to find it is full of backstabbing, moaning, sarcasm, and annoying messages from a few disgruntled ex-REME, or even other cap badges just dropping in to sabotage the few good threads?</tr></td>

<tr><td>If the answer to the above is yes, then you can do something about it.

There is a new site, launched in August 2006, that is produced specifically for REME (both serving soldiers, family and REME-retired), which has an Esprit de Corps running through it.</tr></td>

<tr><td>It is full of features, like RSS-fed BBC Headlines and Barclays Premiership News, an online Chat Room (Flashchat), Newsletters, Surveys, Forums, Member Ranking (REME specific), Member Google Map and much more.</tr></td>

<tr><td>To see what all the noise has been about send your browser to:
www.remerus.co.uk</tr></td>
</table>
As on 010906 at 2100hrs

Maintenance
We're doing a bit of work on our site, so we'll be down for a while.
Check back later to see if we're up.

Must be signing off!!!

The post question was not meant to be a poll here in Arrse, just a probing one.

All good sites do maintenance, it is up and runningagain as at 0930 020906.

For future reference I will post the planned maintenance times in a message on the homepage to warn users when getting on will be restricted.

I ain't no web master yet! Just a VMA. But I am working on it!!!

The site is run at no cost to its members or receives any sponsorship like Arrse, but it is hoped that if the interest grows then it may be possible to invest in some development that may need to look at funding.

A few thoughts:

1. Good luck with the site. I remember the learning curve we had when we started ARRSE and then during each iteration of our software.

2. I'd try and get a better theme than the one you are currently running. There are loads of good DF ones out there.

3. Check you site at different resolutions and in different browsers. I'm running Firefox at 1288 x1002 px and I very much doubt that it looks the way you think it should. The Firefox web developer toolbar is a very useful add in for doing this.

4. 12 hours for 'site maintenance' - wow! Whatever you are doing I think you could be doing it in a much cleverer way. Apache/MySQL/Linux come equipped with all the tools to do most maintenance in a seemless manner. Even when our servers crash we're never down for more than an hour or two. Feel free to ask for advice if you need it.

5. You desperately need content - register a few users yourself and create conversations.

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
remerus said:
my arse are you a VMA............your a B Shop squatter through and through....... :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is exactly the sort of posting remerus is talking about. I find that while in the main ARRSE is a good site it's idiot postings like this that drag it down (Particularly on the REME page).

craftsmanx said:
Tiffy_A_Mech said:
remerus said:
my arse are you a VMA............your a B Shop squatter through and through....... :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is exactly the sort of posting remerus is talking about. I find that while in the main ARRSE is a good site it's idiot postings like this that drag it down (Particularly on the REME page).
Oi craftsmanx do one!!!!!!!!! you knober......have you ever thought maybe i know remerus???? I'm sure he would see the funny side of it....

So do me a favour and go and fight your own little battles...

TAM out..........

Is this another REME attempt to rip ARRSE off by knocking up a 20p version?

This is not the first time that REME left to its own devices attempts to duplicate perfectly sound, established things

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
craftsmanx said:
Tiffy_A_Mech said:
remerus said:
Oi craftsmanx do one!!!!!!!!! you knober......have you ever thought maybe i know remerus???? I'm sure he would see the funny side of it....

So do me a favour and go and fight your own little battles...

TAM out..........
good to see squat mechs getting their just desserts!!!tea makers and masterbaters! :twisted:

And just what, may I ask, is wrong with masturbation?

Lifted from 'Remerus' today....

Armourer said:
For God's sake men I hear that they've let girlies become Armourers, what sort of herasy is this ?

I doubt they could even lift a Charlie G onto the bench as for moving a Wombat........., you'll have Armr's shops smelling of scent and deoderant instead of good old sweat, farts, fags, beer and OX 18.
So being a kn@bheed is out but being blatently sexist is fine? I can see why we need this place.......

remerus said:
one of those Arrse users who regularly check in to the REME board only to find it is full of backstabbing, moaning, sarcasm, and annoying messages from a few disgruntled ex-REME, or even other cap badges just dropping in to sabotage the few good threads?

If the answer to the above is yes, then you can do something about it........
.........get yourself over to the Sigs Forum as that gentlemen, is whinging!! :wink:

Personally, I'm fed up with people advertising their crap sites on the REME forum ;)

Just had a good look round remerus
don't see the need for it myself, I like what we have, so I will not be using it.
think you might be trying to reinvent the wheel, however good luck

Nige said:
Personally, I'm fed up with people advertising their crap sites on the REME forum ;)
Nige, you are EXACTLY the reason why I have started my, quote "CRAP", site. I am sick to death of all the bitching, back-stabbing and negativity that REME forum on Arrse has evolved into.

My site not only provides a Forum, but an opportunity to use a blog, a quiz section, Members GoogleMap, a guest book, read live BBC News and Premiership information, view links to Funny videos and much more content being added as time.

Anyone else reading this reply will know two things:

1) What my site has on it, and

2) That you are a bitter twisted individual, so you lose both times!!

BTW you are welcome on REMERUS provided you leave the attitude in Arrse.

REMERUS

Battsimm said:
Lifted from 'Remerus' today....

Armourer said:
For God's sake men I hear that they've let girlies become Armourers, what sort of herasy is this ?

I doubt they could even lift a Charlie G onto the bench as for moving a Wombat........., you'll have Armr's shops smelling of scent and deoderant instead of good old sweat, farts, fags, beer and OX 18.
So being a kn@bheed is out but being blatently sexist is fine? I can see why we need this place.......
No it's alright, the moderator has removed this evil, sexist, possibly nazi and totally inaccurate remark from the REMERUS forum. I only wish that similar sexist remarks were treated so correctly on some other forums I could name... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Remerus - Nige put a 'wink' at the end of that - it was claerly menat as a tongue in cheek comment, which I reckon you may have taken the wrong way... But, should Nige prove me wrong by telling us it wasnt then, well done Nige and Boo-Hoo to you.....

And I was wondering how long it would take for some form of response/action on that little gem - still waiting to hear back from my comments re Remerus that I sent to admin in response to my 'welcome to Remerus' message when i joined the other day........

I can hear it now... "WHAT? Battsimm is in? How the feck did you allow that to happen you cretinous trolls. You're all sacked'... etc etc ad infinitum....

Edited cos TheManWho types faster than me.....