Are you at HARROGATE now or have been recently?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by somersetlady, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I would love to pick the brains of somone who is already at Harrogate or has recently been there. I would be very greatful.
    [​IMG]

2. Is your son doing any research into this? Or is it just you?

3. lol. Yes he is but he is doing weights at the mo & Im board! :D Are you there?

4. Didnt your mum want to ask what things were going to be like when you went in? My son asks what he asks & I ask questions from a mums point of view. Nothing wrong with that. 8O If you dont ask, you are never going to find out. I thought this site was to give advise & information to people like myself? That is why I am researching on here so much. It is a very good site & there are some very nice & helpful people on here. I hope that you have had some good advise. :D

5. Im at harrogate

6. Hi Leguy... I have sent you a PM ok. Thanks for replying. :D

7. No digs intended and my usual sarcasm mode is switched off but now I see where I have been confused. I thought this site was for serving and ex-serving personnel , with a few civvies, some of whom are aspiring to be serving, thrown in for good measure, to chat, discuss and basically do what soldiers do best (whinge) about the Army and life in general. I always believed that there were official sites and AFCOs/ACIOs to get the necessary information for joining. Especially as anything said on an unofficial site may be absolute nonsense and may even be written by someone whose sum knowledge of the Forces is what they read in Commando comics. I am sure you wish to know as much as possible for your son but firstly, you are doing him no favours by doing his 'research' for him and secondly, as said above you may be fed a lot of nonsense.

edited to add: Again no insult etc intended (god I'm in a nice mood today) but Rear Party is actually for people like yourself. :wink:

8. :D Hi there... Thanks for the above & really glad that you are in a happy mood lol.

9. [quote="halomonkey]No digs intended and my usual sarcasm mode is switched off but now I see where I have been confused.
    I thought this site was for serving and ex-serving personnel , with a few civvies, some of whom are aspiring to be serving, thrown in for good measure, to chat, discuss and basically do what soldiers do best (whinge) about the Army and life in general.
    I always believed that there were official sites and AFCOs/ACIOs to get the necessary information for joining. Especially as anything said on an unofficial site may be absolute nonsense and may even be written by someone whose sum knowledge of the Forces is what they read in Commando comics. I am sure you wish to know as much as possible for your son but firstly, you are doing him no favours by doing his 'research' for him and secondly, as said above you may be fed a lot of nonsense.

edited to add: Again no insult etc intended (god I'm in a nice mood today) but Rear Party is actually for people like yourself. :wink:[/quote]

Thanks for posting and getting it wrong while offending at the same time. Its the Joining up (Regular) forum for those interested in or in the process of Joining up.

A place were people can get some inside advice and tips in addition to what they recieve from official sources and it allows some lucky individuals to bond friendships before they arrive at the camp gates.

All are welcome, and just becuase shes a mum she doesnt have to settle with Rearparty.

Thanks for looking anyway.

10. I knew bugger all about the army when my son joined just over two years ago.

I had never met a soldier in my life before his pass off.

In the last two years i have encountered loads of really helpful guys and girls on here who have been more than willing to answer my probably daft questions :)

So thanks to arrse i now know a little bit more about the Army.Yes i have learnt some really bad words that really dont go down to well at work! :oops: Funny though.

Anyway i am a mum and am staying put. :p

11. Hi Taboo.... Thanks for a lovely reply again. You seem tbe like me & likes to know whats happing with their childrens lives. My son has other places he asks questions. I happened to stummle upon this site & thought wow, I can get some information & make some friends. Its people like you who make that possible. I have had so many PM'S thanking me for asking all these questions. They had been to worried to ask themselves. So if I can get some info for me & others, that makes my day. I know there are so many decent people on here, so I keep smiling. :D I have even had some young lads, which are going to Harrogate in sept, chat to me & have given me some information. Thats what this site is about. Helping each other.

So once again lol.... Is any one at or going to Harrogate ? :wink:

12. Thanks for posting and getting it wrong while offending at the same time. Its the Joining up (Regular) forum for those interested in or in the process of Joining up.

A place were people can get some inside advice and tips in addition to what they recieve from official sources and it allows some lucky individuals to bond friendships before they arrive at the camp gates.

All are welcome, and just becuase shes a mum she doesnt have to settle with Rearparty.

Thanks for looking anyway.[/quote]

How nice we can both offend on the same day in the same thread.

13. hey guys, if you need advice on harrogate basic training then i can give advice, did 42 weeks and loved every second. Was awsome, keep safe and watch yo sixes biatches!

14. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

How nice we can both offend on the same day in the same thread.[/quote]

I'll be blunt. If you can't offer anything constructive, fuck off somewhere else. There are too many smartarses who come in here, gob off because they've got nothing better to do and make themselves look like complete throbbers. You, basically. There is nothing compelling you to post in here beyond your own self-importance so go and troll elsewhere.

Disco, I've locked this but feel free to unlock if you wish! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.