Are you allowed to sew your beret up?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by 5.56mm, Apr 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you allowed to sew your beret up? do you sew your beret up
  2. Yes, I tried to sew my beret up. But then I couldn't get my head in it, so I had to unstitch it all.

Hope this helps.

3. Lol, do what you want with it as long as you don't look like a Biff
  4. I find superglue works wonders.
  5. Nah, Heavy duty staples, or 4 inch nails - works a treat!
  6. Its good stuff, saves rolling sleeves up on an OG Shirt! :D
  7. I have yet to see a cadet with a correctly shaped beret , so it seems ironic that this thread is
    on the ACF forum . Cadets seem to feel that its important to have a massive flap pulled down
    over their right ear. It would be good if the ex -regular soldiers who are involved with the
    ACF would give even a little guidence on beret shaping . Otherwise its the ex-cadet now instructors
    who end up showing cadets how to put and ''aircraft carrier'' on the little ums bonse's.

I think the ACF is a great idea , it just seems many (not all)of the instructors have no regular
    army experience, so the ACF can be more bulls@it than the regulars .
  8. I sewed mine, got the shit ripped out of me when i suggested it to other cadets. My beret is the exat way i wanted it to be, although slightly faded.
  9. No you're not - it's defacing the Queen's uniform.

No I don't, I'd look truly ridiculous (as you will if you do it).

Take sound advice 5.56.
  10. Into hot water, into cold water. Into hot water, into cold water. Put on head, leave it on until dry.

Very important that you put it on your head after the COLD water. Hurts like hell, otherwise.

Edited to add:

Do this in the morning or your pillow will get wet - it takes a long time to dry.
  11. Don't be so bloody soft. There's a time and place to learn nonsense like this, and it's called the RAF Airman's Command Squadron JNCO course.
  12. Oh.........The womens auxillary balloon corps!
  13. Why would you want to??

He does come out with some gems doesn't he!
  14. S*d! I wanted to tell him that... 8)