Are you a warrior?

#1
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
I heard that about 5 times a day for 3 weeks, then 30 times in one day. It's a pile of toss. Are you a warrior? Will you risk the lives of all your men to drag back the body of a comrade? Have you been through "Warrior Forge"?

Utter utter toss... it's trying to create a history and values... they are earnt and respected, not given out with medals to those who shout Hoooaaa the loudest...
 
#2
#3
Sounds about right - I joined them on day 11.

To be honest 3 1/2 weeks without beer, a bar, a pub or anything else that the army seems to thrive on had me shaking a bit.

Whoever made that 1st list was pretty good, covered just about everything - apart from "don't be a mong"

editted to add; mossie net does nothing when you're lying in prone and mossies are having a full english breakfast of your arrse. I had an itchy arrse for days in the field, not a square inch without a bite... little fatherlesses...
 
#4
So,..... (and I'm not in salacious, bintish, pervy, stalking mode) ...... you went on that!!! When? Where? Why? and were there any "good bits"?
 
#5
Wouldn't of minded doing that, if only for the novelty factor of experiencing military training from a US perspective. Sounds like it could be humouress for the first week, but then it would get depressing and maniacal... :(
 
#6
At the risk of drawing more flack than a Tonka over Saddam's sunbed

I am a gash British Airman.
I am a scruff and a member of A watch.
I serve the brews unless I can jif the LAC.
I will not be beaten by obsolete technology or lack of spares, this bloody Herc will fly.
I am too bloody minded to admit defeat.
I will never quit – unless it’s past 4:30pm –unless it’s another rush job for the blokes sausage-side.
I will never leave Ginsters pie or Kit-Kat behind.
I am undisciplined, physically and mentally soft, half-trained and haven’t got a war face.
I always notionally know where my gun is, I may even clean it from time to time.
I am an expert and I am a professional – and that annoys my boss, 'cos he can't do without us.
I stand ready to complain about deploying, but will help the winged elite engage, and destroy the enemies of HRH Liz if asked nicely- fcuk them all, gollies/towel-heads/dagos to a man.
I am a gate guardian at times, and it pisses me off.
I am technically part of the British military, and therefore am not allowed to lose wars even if I’ve got a note.
I am a gash British Airman.
 
#7
bovvyblonde said:
So,..... (and I'm not in salacious, bintish, pervy, stalking mode) ...... you went on that!!! When? Where? Why? and were there any "good bits"?
Exchange, did from day 11 onwards. Some bits were fun, playing with 155mms (towed), SAW (minimi), showing up useless yanks on their "squad stx" (I got all "exceeds") and generally a lot of the yanks out there were good kids. Some were arrses, but you get that anywhere.

On the otherhand kadences etc had me thinking scouts camp... as did the weapon drills and obsession with hoooaaaing.

Oh and theyere only away 5 weeks but spent the entire time writing letters and ringing home etc. My parents heard from me twice; first time I had a chest infection and was going in the CS chamber the next day (thinking back it wasn't best idea to tell them that). Think they all needed to grow up a bit.

However RIP the one that was lost in Iraq in Febuary, he was one of the good ones
 
#8
Maple said:
At the risk of drawing more flack than a Tonka over Saddam's sunbed

I am a gash British Airman.
I am a scruff and a member of A watch.
I serve the brews unless I can jif the LAC.
I will not be beaten by obsolete technology or lack of spares, this bloody Herc will fly.
I am too bloody minded to admit defeat.
I will never quit – unless it’s past 4:30pm –unless it’s another rush job for the blokes sausage-side.
I will never leave Ginsters pie or Kit-Kat behind.
I am undisciplined, physically and mentally soft, half-trained and haven’t got a war face.
I always notionally know where my gun is, I may even clean it from time to time.
I am an expert and I am a professional – and that annoys my boss, 'cos he can't do without us.
I stand ready to complain about deploying, but will help the winged elite engage, and destroy the enemies of HRH Liz if asked nicely- fcuk them all, gollies/towel-heads/dagos to a man.
I am a gate guardian at times, and it pisses me off.
I am technically part of the British military, and therefore am not allowed to lose wars even if I’ve got a note.
I am a gash British Airman.
Go post that on pprune, this is arrse :D
 
#10
But good fun? On the whole, a recommendable experience, or utter to$$ you'd wished you'd never gone on? I'm assuming you were a cadet or similar when you went?
 
#11
army-hopeful said:
But good fun? On the whole, a recommendable experience, or utter to$$ you'd wished you'd never gone on? I'm assuming you were a cadet or similar when you went?
OTC. Reasonably good fun. Got 4 days RR pi$$ up in vancouver and a week mountain trekking afterwards. 3 1/2 weeks with yanks is a bit trying tbh. Especially as I'd just done 2 weeks annual camp (with 20 yanks over on their bit of the exchange).

Out of those of us that went out there we were generally of a much higher standard, I was in top 1/3 and had 1 year in OTC, all those yanks had about 3 years in ROTCs.

Basically to all otcers out there (there is a thread in otc forum) yeah do it, good money, but don't expect pi$$ ups in the bar, cocktail parties, or senses of humour - you have to supply enough for the entire platoon
 
#12
Maple said:
Fair comment, but I was expecting a bigger slagging than that, come on Crabby - standards
Oh, is "standards" now a word in the US army dictionary? Wondered when that would happen. Did it come in with "morality" "massacre" and "just like vietnam"????

Happier now?
 
#14
OTC being the Uni group, correct? Sounds like an experience, even if it was trying. And i believe you, i can't imagine being cooped up with unimaginative young americans for weeks, sounds like utter sh*te...
 
#15
You, of course, responded with:

Yes I am a weekend soldier,
and the world is scared of me,
I've fought a million battles and
I'm always home in time for tea.

etc.

Apolgies to Billy
 
#18
crabby said:
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
I heard that about 5 times a day for 3 weeks, then 30 times in one day. It's a pile of toss. Are you a warrior? Will you risk the lives of all your men to drag back the body of a comrade? Have you been through "Warrior Forge"?

Utter utter toss... it's trying to create a history and values... they are earnt and respected, not given out with medals to those who shout Hoooaaa the loudest...
Three weeks with ROTC cadets? I don't know whether to laugh or to pity you. Hopefully there were some NCOs who made them miserable.

There were a large number of them that attended airborne school at the same time I did when I was a private in the 80's. The 'blackhat' instructors there who enjoy tormenting soldiers focused all their energy on them and left the rest of the lower enlisted Regular army types alone. Cadets have their uses.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scotscop OTC and ACF 29
Smoke_T_Bigfella REME 9
woopert The Intelligence Cell 8

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top