Are you a Gastro Sexual?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by spike7451, Jul 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

According to BBC news this morning,us men who enjoy cooking are now termed to be 'Gastro Sexuals'.
    It refers to macho men like ex England Rugby player Matt Dawson who went on to win Celebrity Masterchef.Apparently women love Gastro Sexuals as they prefer to take on the once female domain of the kitchen & are now better cooks & often prefer to cook for their partner,especially in the modern world where women work longer hours.
  2. WTF?

3. Damm right only way I get anything decent to eat in our house that doesnt resemble rabbit food
  4. Once female domain and are now better cooks?

What a load of tripe.

Men have always been better chefs (not cooks) than women and the kitchen has always been a mans world.

Washing up and cleaning the floor is womans work but actually preparing food is for the Chef.

Oh and we don't prefer to cook for our women* it is just that is the only way to get a decent meal.

*real men don't have "partners".

Hope to god my missus doesn't see this or I am on beans on toast for the next fortnight :)
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm a Gastro Sexual too. I like to eat, I've got terrible wind, and I like to fcuk. What more can a woman ask for?

Oh, and I'm not married, so calling me other half my 'partner' does not make me less of a man, unless of course, you mean she's my b!tch?