Are you a Chap?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by BFG 9000, Mar 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry. In the military context, there are chaps and blokes. I fall into the bloke catagory.

2. That's an excellent site. This bit in particular reminded me of some of the peacocks in the dapper clothing thread on this forum.

Sartorial Agony.

I, OTOH, am a bloke.

Veg

3. Very Cav isnt it? I'm also a bloke, but if I had to lean either towards being a chap or the third option in the macho trinity, geezer, I'd opt for chap.

4. At first sight I thought the question was 'are you a chav?'

5. So which one of you wrote this from the letters page?:

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Hmmm, Joanne Guest. I seem to remember in days gone by that she used to selflessy volunteer to pose for what I can only assume were gyneacological instruction pamphlets. Very public spirited of her, I think you'll agree...

7. I know its all meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but its all a bit gay isn't it? Can we out any ARRSERS as bona fide perfumed ponces or subscribers to this rag? We used to bully premature fogies like this lot at school

Or better still should we crash their next get together en masse and convert them to the joys of squaddie bezzering?

http://www.thechap.net/olympics.html

8. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Ozerbobble, you seem to have already crashed our get-together.

And as for the bullying, well, somehow that does not surprise me...

9. Eh?

:?

10. What is this pseudo toffery FFS? If these "chaps" were truly chaps then they would not be blokes or chaps or antimaccassars, whatever! They would be either crumpets or beans. (SHOUTS) "Jeeves, I think I need one of your patent revivers!"

11. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

I went through Sandhurst with that blackguard! I guarantee that his hidden arm holds a 9mm Pistol to Jo Guests back, as that's the only way he can get attractive women to touch him. I'll bet next month's pay checque that the 'Maj Gen's daughter' in question was the mono-legged, mono-browed daughter of Maj General Mou'ammmou Al Hijab, OIC latrines, Basrah.

Hello you old fruit, if you're reading this. :D

12. Do I detect a note of jealousy, RTFQ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Litotes

13. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Jo Guest, whilst a delightful lady in every sense of the word, has been photographed with pretty much every soldier who has ever deployed on ops. In comparison, I bet not many have been snapped with Caprice's hot little PA, Dame Vera Lynne, or a strangely gapped-toothed Bosnian octogenarienne who bizarrely kept saying "smarties". 'Rosco' can keep Ms Guest.

14. RTFQ, has your name always been Sue, or have you just changed it?