Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are women more fake now?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
A good mate of mine is a pilot with BA. He’s told me he’s had to tell several stewards to go and wash off the make-up they’ve turned up to work wearing.

What about the girls?

I'm past the suncream stage, being a) too far gone to repair previous damage, and b) not stupid enough to lie in the sun deliberately.

For any laydees present, @fairmaidofperth I do believe in a bit of subtle lippy as it protects as well as enhances.

Move over Mumsnet!

Lippy is the only makeup I do wear regularly. Once in a blue moon I might apply more. I love looking at makeup but can't be arsed/no point when you go running/you just have to spend time taking it off. It's bad enough faffing around with a skincare routine as it is! As this is getting too girly then feck/tits/arrse :)

Lippy is the only makeup I do wear regularly. Once in a blue moon I might apply more. I love looking at makeup but can't be arsed/no point when you go running/you just have to spend time taking it off. It's bad enough faffing around with a skincare routine as it is! As this is getting too girly then feck/tits/arrse :)

Skincare routine, I thought that was giving a woman a pearl necklace

You only need to watch 5 seconds on Geordie shore or Towie to see where they get it from. All celebs are twats too. Women are more interested fashion and people, that's why the majority follow that bs. Men are more interested in things so generally don't care.

This is reflected in marketing, how many men read Cosmo and Hello magazine? How many women buy magazines about cars or military aircraft?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
A good mate of mine is a pilot with BA. He’s told me he’s had to tell several stewards to go and wash off the make-up they’ve turned up to work wearing.

I don't believe that.
It would not be a pilot's role to make such comments to an air hostess. He'd be on very thin ice with the HR Dept. So why would he risk it?

Posts like this just show how detached from the real world so many people on this site are. Or gullible.
Probably both.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
I did my dating and carousing in the 80’s, despite the big hair and shoulder pads, girls back then were a lot more natural, healthier looking and less tattooed, they were also less likely to try to drink you under the table or offer you outside coz you called “Our Tracy a tart!” Feeling old and anti-social now I just don’t think the young ladies of today can hold a light to my wife’s generation!

Very true.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
You only need to watch 5 seconds on Geordie shore or Towie to see where they get it from. All celebs are twats too. Women are more interested fashion and people, that's why the majority follow that bs. Men are more interested in things so generally don't care.

This is reflected in marketing, how many men read Cosmo and Hello magazine? How many women buy magazines about cars or military aircraft?

I've often heard it said that women dress up more to impress their rival women, rather than to attract men. I'm not sure how true this is.

But I do believe that many women will go out with a man because one of her rival women likes that man, rather than actually genuinely liking the man herself.

Strange, but true.

I don't believe that.
It would not be a pilot's role to make such comments to an air hostess. He'd be on very thin ice with the HR Dept. So why would he risk it?

Posts like this just show how detached from the real world so many people on this site are. Or gullible.
Probably both.

Or, just possibly, some people have professional standards.

A captain is on full control of the aircraft. They get to decide what goes.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Or, just possibly, some people have professional standards.

A captain is on full control of the aircraft. They get to decide what goes.

And that extends to making personal comments about a colleague's appearance does it?
Unless the make up was flammable?

I often wonder how many people on this site have ever had a job. Because there seems to be some very unusual attitudes to reality on here...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't believe that.

Probably both.
I said steward, not air hostess. And yes, captains do have a responsibility for their crews in all respects.

Frankly, I don't care whether you believe it or not. I heard it first-hand from a trusted individual.

Don't let the door slap you too hard on the arse on the way out.

And that extends to making personal comments about a colleague's appearance does it?
Unless the make up was flammable?

I often wonder how many people on this site have ever had a job. Because there seems to be some very unusual attitudes to reality on here...
Probably because people realise they are talking to a complete prick who has/had any amount of logins, so many in fact, that it's actually head spinning stuff.

Latest Threads