Are women more fake now?

I've not worn makeup since lockdown started. Whereas before I didn't feel "dressed" without it, I'm now beginning to think I'm no better with it.
edited for offensive 'comedy' while banking on our weird friendship to escape any flack over it

Ha!ha! Well, yes of course there were those individuals in the past and you have to admit it was a rarified practice by those who could afford it. My poorly explained point was that it’s now mainstream and it would appear, acceptable.
E2A: funny that you should include an image of boy George actually, my old dear thinks he is unbelievably handsome without make up.

Did you know he was once in an episode of the A Team? His performance was so wooden that he made the rest of the cast look like actual actors. Even a shop mannequin outperformed him

Surely it's about having the confidence to do what YOU want to do, wear none, go full slap or somewhere in between.

What I don't like is young girls being pressured into following the herd. It takes confidence to follow your own route and adolescents are so vulnerable to marketing, influencers etc.

Reality shows have a lot to answer for, in that they promote a certain look which creates a marketing opportunity. What I often wonder is how do girls pay for all the treatments/makeup/dermaplaning/fake tans/permanent tattoos etc. Must cost a fortune. Not to mention the constant cleaning of your bedding when it all comes off during the night if you don't follow a proper skin care routine and do a double cleanse!

I have to say that you do get used to how a woman looks with her slap on. Even young women can look a bit washed out and scary the first time you see them without.

Bootom

Old-Salt
It’s a bit blurry but I suspect I would enjoy a liaison with the one on the left. Our left, not theirs, that is.
I totally agree with you, the minx on the left looks like she has a couple of things going for her. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crisps.

Ha!ha! Well, yes of course there were those individuals in the past and you have to admit it was a rarified practice by those who could afford it. My poorly explained point was that it’s now mainstream and it would appear, acceptable.
E2A: funny that you should include an image of boy George actually, my old dear thinks he is unbelievably handsome without make up.
Memory Jog:-Back in the stone age, i was working at the HQ of a major record producer in central london, just off oxford street. sitting outside, having a short tea break, under the scaffolding, which was over the pavement, a taxi pulls up, and out flounces boy George, in full rig and daft hat, smiles at us in that familiar way that implies that we should all jump to attention and make a fuss, to a man we all blanked him, not a word spoken, nothing, he was an annoying twat then, and an even bigger one now. 1984

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to say that you do get used to how a woman looks with her slap on. Even young women can look a bit washed out and scary the first time you see them without.
It depends on how much "slap" the lady wears - it should be subtle enough to look as if she's not wearing any, rather than looking like something out of Billy Smart's circus.

I also believe that wearing thick foundation all the time doesn't do the skin any good, and getting a bit of sun and fresh air to the skin should avoid the "washed out" look.

Maple

LE
Corsets to adjust waists

Wigs

High shoes

Ear piercing

Tattoos

All through out history, nothing new to this century

Then you have the various different cultures other than Western
Feet binding
Head binding
Neck rings
Lip stretching
Teeth sharpening

Plenty others
Actually nipple piercings weren't unknown in Victorian Britain

Excellent book about the history of makeup (if you are looking for a gift for someone).

Video makes an interesting watch.

Memory Jog:-Back in the stone age, i was working at the HQ of a major record producer in central london, just off oxford street. sitting outside, having a short tea break, under the scaffolding, which was over the pavement, a taxi pulls up, and out flounces boy George, in full rig and daft hat, smiles at us in that familiar way that implies that we should all jump to attention and make a fuss, to a man we all blanked him, not a word spoken, nothing, he was an annoying twat then, and an even bigger one now. 1984
I believe George still dines out on that story.

...and piercings elsewhere on the body if rumour is to be believed?
True. It's no mistake how the Prince Albert piercing got it's name.

1590748311829.png

The Prince Albert pub near Wolverhampton train station. Although I have never drank here, I really need to advise them on a more suitable swinging board.

1590748593448.png

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It depends on how much "slap" the lady wears - it should be subtle enough to look as if she's not wearing any, rather than looking like something out of Billy Smart's circus.

I also believe that wearing thick foundation all the time doesn't do the skin any good, and getting a bit of sun and fresh air to the skin should avoid the "washed out" look.
Which one is you?
1590751593432.png

Latest Threads