Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are women more fake now?

And that extends to making personal comments about a colleague's appearance does it?
Unless the make up was flammable?

I often wonder how many people on this site have ever had a job. Because there seems to be some very unusual attitudes to reality on here...
Much of the time it is the Captain who has the responsibility of upholding the standards and policies of the airline. Many airlines, like many companies in the public eye, have standards which cover how an employee can look, this includes make-up, earrings/piercings, tattoos and hair cuts/styles.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
I said steward, not air hostess. And yes, captains do have a responsibility for their crews in all respects.

Frankly, I don't care whether you believe it or not. I heard it first-hand from a trusted individual.

Don't let the door slap you too hard on the arse on the way out.

Doesn't matter what the job title is. You are describing verbal comments from one employee to another regarding their physical appearance. That is a matter for HR.
If you were talking about something like high heels, which is a H&S policy, I would agree that immediate advice would be appropriate.

Anyone who has had a job in real life would know this.

I've often heard it said that women dress up more to impress their rival women, rather than to attract men. I'm not sure how true this is.

But I do believe that many women will go out with a man because one of her rival women likes that man, rather than actually genuinely liking the man herself.

Strange, but true.

I certainly think that girls don't necessarily do the make up malarkey to impress men, rather to make other girls jealous. I recall having a similar conversation about this topic with one of my girl mates and she admitted as much. You only need to go to your local club and see how pretty girls react towards each other, it seems the less confident ones are more likely to react.

If you happen to be a complete barsteward it is possible to play this off to some effect. I... ahem, have a good friend who tried to have a threesum once and tried to play two girls off against each other. It was all going quite well until one of them went into hypersonic hysterics in the hotel bathroom.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Much of the time it is the Captain who has the responsibility of upholding the standards and policies of the airline. Many airlines, like many companies in the public eye, have standards which cover how an employee can look, this includes make-up, earrings/piercings, tattoos and hair cuts/styles.

I agree that most companies will have such policies.
It was the way the previous post was phrased that made me suspicious.

I will concede that in certain, unusual situations a pilot / captain may need to request that such make up be removed. In fact, it reminds me of the well known interview question about how you would deal with a colleague who smelled bad.
Everyone knows you get one point for mentioning HR, one for mentioning a witness, one for mentioning empathy, welfare, discretion, politeness, etc, etc.

But in reality we all know such things are avoided as much as possible. Because who wants to take the hit?

Last edited:
I certainly think that girls don't necessarily do the make up malarkey to impress men, rather to make other girls jealous. I recall having a similar conversation about this topic with one of my girl mates and she admitted as much. You only need to go to your local club and see how pretty girls react towards each other, it seems the less confident ones are more likely to react.

If you happen to be a complete barsteward it is possible to play this off to some effect. I... ahem, have a good friend who tried to have a threesum once and tried to play two girls off against each other. It was all going quite well until one of them went into hypersonic hysterics in the hotel bathroom.
Spot the camera, did she?

A lot of young women now have got incredibly good at doing make up and even plain Janes can look like absolute supermodels, at least on their heavily filtered Instagram photos. The problem is it's gone from just good make up to also having the pumped up lips and a variety of other procedures meaning even the naturally pretty ones are starting to look a bit weird in their attempts to emulate the Kardashians. You can't tell them though, they think they look great.
Also despite me liking tattoo's on women, there are so many now who are going too far and absolutely covering themselves in them, mostly full sleeves of Lotus flower or geometric patterns and those tit chandeliers, and Nordic runes on all their fingers.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree that most companies will have such policies.
It was the way the previous post was phrased that made me suspicious.
The words to me were: "I've had to tell some of the stewards to go and wash off the make-up they were wearing."

...because this is/was outside the standards of dress for the job, in the same way that stewardesses have to wear discreet underwear - i.e. it shouldn't be obvious that they're wearing stocking and suspenders under a uniform skirt (the material for these tends to be quite thin).

Given that I've had relationships with a couple of stewardesses and have known quite a few more, I know this for a fact.

So, I'll get back to my life in the 'real world'.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
The words to me were: "I've had to tell some of the stewards to go and wash off the make-up they were wearing."

...because this is/was outside the standards of dress for the job, in the same way that stewardesses have to wear discreet underwear - i.e. it shouldn't be obvious that they're wearing stocking and suspenders under a uniform skirt (the material for these tends to be quite thin).

Given that I've had relationships with a couple of stewardesses and have known quite a few more, I know this for a fact.

So, I'll get back to my life in the 'real world'.

I will concede that in certain, unusual situations a pilot / captain may need to request that such make up be removed. In fact, it reminds me of the well known interview question about how you would deal with a colleague who smelled bad.
Everyone knows you get one point for mentioning HR, one for mentioning a witness, one for mentioning empathy, welfare, discretion, politeness, etc, etc.

But in reality we all know such things are avoided as much as possible. Because who wants to take the hit?

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
Doesn't matter what the job title is. You are describing verbal comments from one employee to another regarding their physical appearance. That is a matter for HR.
If you were talking about something like high heels, which is a H&S policy, I would agree that immediate advice would be appropriate.

Errm, I think it possible that at least some on this site have had a military career and a civilian one.
In the first place, tell it to the RSM! I'm sure he will refer to HR before commenting*

In the 2nd place, that is pole climbing, salary man, corporate bull. Many many civilian jobs are with firms
that do not have HR departments, but they do have bosses with an opinion.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Errm, I think it possible that at least some on this site have had a military career and a civilian one.
In the first place, tell it to the RSM! I'm sure he will refer to HR before commenting*

In the 2nd place, that is pole climbing, salary man, corporate bull. Many many civilian jobs are with firms
that do not have HR departments, but they do have bosses with an opinion.

All airlines have an HR Dept.

In the army, I recall that anything relating to female dress state was generally advised from one woman to another. That was obviously an unofficial policy, but it also seems to be the case in the rail industry today.

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Listened to KISS the other day. That band was tight.
Still shit hot today.
That’s what I call a business model.

if you have $4000

Private backstage Meet & Greet with KISS

Personal Photo Opportunity with KISS

Watch the whole show from the Pit (no fans have ever had access to the Pit)

Backstage Tour with your personal KISS Concierge;

• Your tour will take you to areas that only the band and limited members of the crew can visit!
  • Start out by stepping foot on the holy ground that is the KISS stage.
  • Sit on Eric's drum stool at his drum kit
  • Stand at Paul, Gene and Tommy's Microphones
  • Hold Paul's legendary Cracked mirror guitar. Gene's classic Axe bass and Tommy's signature Epiphone guitar
  • Visit KISS wardrobe where you can see the bands outfits up close and try on the REAL KISS boots
  • Along the way we'll visit all areas of the KISS production and you'll meet many members of the crew that keeps the KISS machine going strong

Autographed “End of the Road” Limited Edition Framed Lithograph, specific to your show. Hand numbered, 1 of 15, and shipped directly to your home

Lifetime Membership for the Official KISS ARMY Fan Club

Exclusive Access to the KISS ARMY Captain’s Hospitality Lounge including;

• VIP Bar with wine, beer and the KISS “End of the Road” Signature Cocktail
  • Hot and cold hors d’oeuvres and a desert bar

Dedicated VIP entrance

Commemorative KISS Meet & Greet laminate

Access to crowd-free merchandise shopping

On-Site VIP Host

@Baglock

Page 34.
Concealer only for stewards.

Mrs Shiny_arrse was a trolley dolly, she had to wear red lipstick of a certain shade in uniform. ISTR her saying that there were two or three shades across a couple of brands deemed acceptable.
They literally had to get a senior member of staff to check that any newly purchased lipstick looked the right colour. If they were the senior cabin crew, that could mean one of the flight crew but it was usually a crew manager on the ground.
Similar story for nail colour, makeup, non issue footwear, etc.

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
All airlines have an HR Dept.

My bold. Perhaps the all encompassing nature of the assertion is the issue.
The definition I have for an 'Airline' is one that provides regular services for passengers and or freight.
No qualification by size.
Nor for geographical centre of operations.
Patently, all airlines do not have HR departments.
The one I used to fly LAX - Big Bear with didn't even have an entire human being for a pilot,
as he lacked the essential equipment to play Tarzan..... much respected pilot but no HR.

(Then again, given his 'quiet'' history it was more an air not shooting a line sort of operation.)

Looks like she must have been front-ended in a race; her air bags have popped.

'Renee Gracie was given the nickname Devil Princess as she started making waves on the karting circuit as a teenager.

'The Queensland youngster was feisty on the track and dreamt of making it all the way to America’s NASCAR circuit. Gracie was a marketer’s dream and had enough talent to be handed a start at Bathurst in 2015 where she partnered Simona de Silvestro in a historic moment for women’s sport. She became the first Aussie woman to compete full-time in the sport and was popular around the track, but the stunt didn’t last and after finishing 14th up Mt Panorama in 2016 she was replaced as de Silvestro’s partner.'

Renee Gracie ahead of her Bathurst debut. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)

Renee Gracie ahead of her Bathurst debut. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images
She struggled to get funding as a driver.

She struggled to get funding as a driver.Source:Instagram

Are you posturing or are really just a cnut?

Have you ever had a job?

It is not HR- the line manager does it. Generally HR adviseuntilthings get serious.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Women with easily visible tats says Council house/trash/ minger to me .

Can think of a few colleagues who don't fit that description but have visible tats.

However among the nurses they are far more common.

Latest Threads