Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Londo

LE
Scum cünt. Hopefully karma will catch up with him.
Needs some of this and bring back the silent system for these terrorist scum so they can't influence each other .
treadmill.jpg

If I sprinted the length of a landing to try and rescue a prisoner who was being stabbed. Do you believe that I, or any other person with morals, would have thought for a second about helping a fellow officer who was being attacked?
Undervalued am I talking b0llocks here?

I have had numerous incidents now where I have jumped in on cons getting shanked, fellow officers and other members of staff getting assaulted and up to now have never hesitated. One thing I will say though is hats off to coppers as I know that so long as I or someone else calls a general alarm then even if it goes tits up for me within minutes the landing will be flooded with officers. If I get stabbed H1 will be able to stabilise me. This is something that coppers cannot rely on so I can’t be that judgmental however I’d like to think I’d still have tried to help in the example that has been given.

Do you guys in HMPPS carry PAVA or Taser yet? I think you have ASPs?
Officers carry 21" monadnock batons & rigid cuffs.
Control & restraint instructors have PAVA & access to side handle batons.
Not known PAVA to be used at our place yet.
Doubt TASER will ever be issued, don't personally think there's a need for it. Been out the Officer game for a while although still work for HMPPS.

Absolutely, his role is that of a police officer and has the powers that go with the rank, With the powers of the office also come responsibilities, responsibilities he chose to ignore.
Had he been in the role of Receiver (a role now abolished, but previously a very high ranking civilian in the Met) he would have not had such responsibilities and would have been appointed as a consequence of his financial acumen and as such not a police officer.

Absolutely, his role is that of a police officer and has the powers that go with the rank, With the powers of the office also come responsibilities, responsibilities he chose to ignore.
Had he been in the role of Receiver (a role now abolished, but previously a very high ranking civilian in the Met) he would have not had such responsibilities and would have been appointed as a consequence of his financial acumen and as such not a police officer.
Sorry I mean does the role of talking to Parlimentary committees and so on need to be a Policeman?

Sorry I mean does the role of talking to Parlimentary committees and so on need to be a Policeman?
Probably not, depends on what he was advising, being questioned about, unfortunately he was a policeman and as such failed to carry out his duty. As I highlighted with the position of Receiver, a senior level bureaucrat in the police does not have to be a police officer, however a Deputy Commissioner has an operational role as well as a strategic /policy role and as such needs to be a police officer. As soon as he stepped out of the meeting he became a police officer and failed to do his duty. A general does not stop being a soldier and is held to the same values and standards as any other rank. If a general can be court martialed for cowardice why cannot a senior police officer be held to account the same way.

Probably not, depends on what he was advising, being questioned about, unfortunately he was a policeman and as such failed to carry out his duty. As I highlighted with the position of Receiver, a senior level bureaucrat in the police does not have to be a police officer, however a Deputy Commissioner has an operational role as well as a strategic /policy role and as such needs to be a police officer. As soon as he stepped out of the meeting he became a police officer and failed to do his duty. A general does not stop being a soldier and is held to the same values and standards as any other rank. If a general can be court martialed for cowardice why cannot a senior police officer be held to account the same way.
So you object to the lack of an investigation?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If a general can be court martialed for cowardice why cannot a senior police officer be held to account the same way.
One would have hoped so, maybe it's because despite having taken an oath to perform a duty he's just a forgetful civvie ?

Anyone can have a lapse in memory, he just couldn't remember the parts in bold:

"I, Craig Thomas Mackey of Wiltshire Constabulary, do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.

One would have hoped so, maybe it's because despite having taken an oath to perform a duty he's just a forgetful civvie ?

Anyone can have a lapse in memory, he just couldn't remember the parts in bold:

"I, Craig Thomas Mackey of Wiltshire Constabulary, do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.
Thank you, much more succinct than my rambling explanation

Several of you seem to have that stuck in your head. But once again I must ask: The Deputy Commissionaire was likely armed with a vicious briefcase and an issue shirt and jacket. There were probably better equipped civilians there.
Now, if they'd had a stab vest then yes, you might have had a point. But without it... would you really run towards the loony with a knife? With nothing more than a thin layer of cotton between your squishy bits and a length of sharp metal?

Leadership ?

Latest Threads