Are we going to see riots this summer ?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think I probably would, and certainly hope I would in those circumstances. I would expect in the Palace of Westminster to be beaten to it by a stampede of police officers. The fact that the Deputy Commissioner didn't rush to assist one of his own officers, instead locking himself in his car IIRC, is shameful and speaks to his lack of personal courage (not something noted in Police officers in my experience). It's shameful to him personally rather than the Met.
It’s shameful to the Met (not to the overwhelming majority of good officers) that he wasn’t sacked.

An older PC advised me to jab with it and try to get out of the habit of cracking skulls: his view being that you would seldom find enough space to get a good swing at the felon.

He was right.

My bold that's exactly what I did with the sharp splintered end I was left with in ,my hand until I got to my riot baton when I was able to push the sod away allowing me to get a really good two handed swing at him which put him down for the count!

ANSWERS LouisetheSleaz's question as well!

Last edited:
Which partygate is that? the one with Boris grr or the Labour version up north?

Well sirkneelalot's "beer& currygate" is all but forgotten in the boris grr press, never mind "Rayner's was she there was she not?" appearance!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well sirkneelalot's "beer& currygate" is all but forgotten in the boris grr press, never mind "Rayner's was she there was she not?" appearance!
I’m sure there’s a Clash song there somewhere.

6/15/20 was she there or was she not? Beer and curry calling from the far away places. Grrrrr is declared…

I’ll get my coat.

I’m sure there’s a Clash song there somewhere.

6/15/20 was she there or was she not? Beer and curry calling from the far away places. Grrrrr is declared…

I’ll get my coat.
If I recall correctly, she took the stance that fines and so on with respect to her constituents were heavy handed at least in a few cases.

Several of you seem to have that stuck in your head. But once again I must ask: The Deputy Commissionaire was likely armed with a vicious briefcase and an issue shirt and jacket. There were probably better equipped civilians there.
Now, if they'd had a stab vest then yes, you might have had a point. But without it... would you really run towards the loony with a knife? With nothing more than a thin layer of cotton between your squishy bits and a length of sharp metal?
Yes. I also know a young female prison officer who did as well.

Ditto, more than once.
Mate, thanks for jumping in here to support my reply to listy. I did initially intend to post a long worded rant at him, and to call him out for talking b0ll0cks. I didn't do so however, because I didn't have a scooby as to his background. Besides which I thought at the time that the usual suspects would have been all over it, and accusing me of being a billy big bollocks keyboard warrior.
@Listy let me ask you this, and maybe @undervalued would do the same.
If I sprinted the length of a landing to try and rescue a prisoner who was being stabbed. Do you believe that I, or any other person with morals, would have thought for a second about helping a fellow officer who was being attacked?
Undervalued am I talking b0llocks here?

If I sprinted the length of a landing to try and rescue a prisoner who was being stabbed. Do you believe that I, or any other person with morals, would have thought for a second about helping a fellow officer who was being attacked?

I work with people who have done as you describe in a very famous attack.

My apparently unpopular point was: I do not want to criticize someone, on the internet from the safety of my comfy chair, without being in his shoes.
I'm sure everyone on this thread would have leapt up, ripped off their shirt, and Glaswegian kissed the nutter, with his knife sticking out their shoulder thereby saving the day... or at least would like to think we're the sort of person that would. I know I would.
Personally, I suspect I'd be running away blubbing like a girl, and screaming 'not the face!', but I'd like to think I'd fit the stereotype of the Monty Python Black Knight. I find it hard to criticise someone in such a situation.

My apparently unpopular point was: I do not want to criticize someone, on the internet from the safety of my comfy chair, without being in his shoes.
I'm sure everyone on this thread would have leapt up, ripped off their shirt, and Glaswegian kissed the nutter, with his knife sticking out their shoulder thereby saving the day... or at least would like to think we're the sort of person that would. I know I would.
Personally, I suspect I'd be running away blubbing like a girl, and screaming 'not the face!', but I'd like to think I'd fit the stereotype of the Monty Python Black Knight. I find it hard to criticise someone in such a situation.
You have raised some very valid points.

Got cheerful memories of being taught "the right way to hit someone with a chair", which I may have glossed over whilst still in the police - though I was more likely to rely on that than my "ASP airweight" ("Airweight shafts offer 45% weight reduction with 98% of the striking potential of steel", yeah right) baton to stop a serious attacker.

A propos of nothing, in my younger days, when the public-spirited young Archi was nvolved with the West Midlands crime prevention effort, it became clear to me that there was a certain...er... dichotomy between official self-defence/subduing a suspect procedures and unofficial 'have some of that, you c___' procedures....

The Rackhams stabbing incident in Brum in the mid-90s ended with the suspect being on the receiving end of a 3 Wood borrowed from the sporting goods department; rumour/banter had it that he was a bit unfortunate that the recently-retired officer wielding it who happened to be in the shop at the time decided that his first shot had gone out of bounds, so hit a provisional (under penalty of one stroke) which'd have gone a good 250 yards down the fairway had a golf ball been involved.

The official account was that the recently-retired officer had 'stunned' the knifeman before he and a PS who'd arrived on scene had 'subdued' him. This may not have quite reflected the er.. vigour with which the chap was (entirely justifiably) brought under control.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer

Anyone could have assisted without endangering themselves. Distracting the nutter. Assisting with casualties. Although a serving police officer had a duty to assist.

Anyone could have assisted without endangering themselves. Distracting the nutter. Assisting with casualties. Although a serving police officer had a duty to assist.
Not only a legal responsibilty but a moral responsibility to help not only a colleague, but a junior officer too.

Mate, thanks for jumping in here to support my reply to listy. I did initially intend to post a long worded rant at him, and to call him out for talking b0ll0cks. I didn't do so however, because I didn't have a scooby as to his background. Besides which I thought at the time that the usual suspects would have been all over it, and accusing me of being a billy big bollocks keyboard warrior.
I can remember an incident about 5 years ago where an Officer ran to help a prisoner who was being attacked by another.
Coincidentally, this Officer had served in my regiment.
The prisoner who was attacked had a serious slash wound across his throat, & the Officer was severely injured when he confronted the attacker. He ended up with 30 odd stitches to wounds on his head & neck.
When we took him out to the ambulance, he asked me if he was going to die, something I never expected a Prison Officer to say.
He had to have several operations because some of his wounds wouldn't heal properly.
He's still serving but now on the DST (District Search Team).
The prisoner received compensation soon afterwards, the Officer had to wait until fairly recently.
Known to be the most serious assault on a member of staff since the jail opened in the mid 80's.
His attacker, a fanatical Muslim, was transferred out that evening for fear that staff would give him a good kicking.

Londo

LE
I can remember an incident about 5 years ago where an Officer ran to help a prisoner who was being attacked by another.
The prisoner who was attacked had a serious slash wound across his throat, & the Officer was severely injured when he confronted the attacker. He ended up with 30 odd stitches to wounds on his head & neck.
When we took him out to the ambulance, he asked me if he was going to die, something I never expected a Prison Officer to say.
He had to have several operations because some of his wounds wouldn't heal properly.
The prisoner received compensation soon afterwards, the Officer had to wait until fairly recently.
Known to be the most serious assault on a member of staff since the jail opened in the mid 80's.
His attacker, a fanatical Muslim, was transferred out that evening for fear that staff would give him a good kicking.
Hope he got that good kicking wherever he was sent to . Or is that too much of an ask .

Scum cünt. Hopefully karma will catch up with him.

Latest Threads