Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Now, if they'd had a stab vest then yes, you might have had a point. But without it... would you really run towards the loony with a knife? With nothing more than a thin layer of cotton between your squishy bits and a length of sharp metal?

Loads of internet hardmen on here would have turned into a double hard ninja and sorted it all out.

Several of you seem to have that stuck in your head. But once again I must ask: The Deputy Commissionaire was likely armed with a vicious briefcase and an issue shirt and jacket. There were probably better equipped civilians there.
Now, if they'd had a stab vest then yes, you might have had a point. But without it... would you really run towards the loony with a knife? With nothing more than a thin layer of cotton between your squishy bits and a length of sharp metal?

In the days of circular bin lids, at least you can find something useful to defend yourself with should you need it

Not so much obvious to hand these days

Several of you seem to have that stuck in your head. But once again I must ask: The Deputy Commissionaire was likely armed with a vicious briefcase and an issue shirt and jacket. There were probably better equipped civilians there.

Yes, and have done. I'd rely on my Arts Martial training. Specifically Bartitsu. I've done a couple of others too.

Fat lump was and is a coward, no ifs buts and maybes. Personally I don't know how he sleeps at night.

In the days of circular bin lids, at least you can find something useful to defend yourself with should you need it

Not so much obvious to hand these days
Morning @lokiuk,
Plenty of these laying about though;).
Screenshot_20220521-160230_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg

PFGEN

GCM
In the same way that I would put my pension on the fact that every summer a northern toddler somewhere is mauled to death by a dog I would like to kick start the 2022 riots/unrest/'we want answers'/bongo drum medley with the following forecast:

1. Cost of living and rental cost protests - Lead by celebrities, backed by Labour.

2. Post pandemic riots caused by 3 years of release of built up tension - Mainly 'youth' led but with push from those parties who disliked the 'draconian measures' enforced by Boris Grrrrr.

3. Pro Environmental Activist protests ensuring London and a few other major cities get royally fuct over for a day or 2. Rain will stop play hence summer planned riots only.

4. Anti Pro Environmental activists (Joe public) getting hacked off with the ER nutters. One ER bloke gets slight injury to little toe resulting in massive outpouring of support for ER.

5. Kill the bill and biggest increase in anti Police/MI5/MI6/Establishment/Anyone in a uniform protest due to the Nazi, right wing, rapist, Fascist state we are forced to live in. Tories grrrrrrr.

6. Just pre or just post Notting Hill Carnival riot due to a copper shooting a talented rapper and combined with point 2 & 5 above. Causing resurgence of BLM 'activity' and massive rise in BLM property portfolio in USA and SE England.

My bet is a combination of women (streets not safe due to the Police?!) joined in by certain law abiding demographics in London (any excuse for kinetic shopping) and ER to make it a 3 prong riot of Fems/BAME/ER to really set things back even further in this country.

So in a short concise summary: Evil Tories grrrrrr.

Love the "kinetic shopping". I never seem to be around when it goes down and miss out on all the best bargains.

In the same way that I would put my pension on the fact that every summer a northern toddler somewhere is mauled to death by a dog I would like to kick start the 2022 riots/unrest/'we want answers'/bongo drum medley with the following forecast:

1. Cost of living and rental cost protests - Lead by celebrities, backed by Labour.

2. Post pandemic riots caused by 3 years of release of built up tension - Mainly 'youth' led but with push from those parties who disliked the 'draconian measures' enforced by Boris Grrrrr.

3. Pro Environmental Activist protests ensuring London and a few other major cities get royally fuct over for a day or 2. Rain will stop play hence summer planned riots only.

4. Anti Pro Environmental activists (Joe public) getting hacked off with the ER nutters. One ER bloke gets slight injury to little toe resulting in massive outpouring of support for ER.

5. Kill the bill and biggest increase in anti Police/MI5/MI6/Establishment/Anyone in a uniform protest due to the Nazi, right wing, rapist, Fascist state we are forced to live in. Tories grrrrrrr.

6. Just pre or just post Notting Hill Carnival riot due to a copper shooting a talented rapper and combined with point 2 & 5 above. Causing resurgence of BLM 'activity' and massive rise in BLM property portfolio in USA and SE England.

My bet is a combination of women (streets not safe due to the Police?!) joined in by certain law abiding demographics in London (any excuse for kinetic shopping) and ER to make it a 3 prong riot of Fems/BAME/ER to really set things back even further in this country.
Perhaps depending on 'a long hot summer', so Bunter better get the rain dance people out?

Best stick him on then for failing to cary his officer safety equipment.

As other more junior officers are told will happen to them.

But still, Rank Has Its Privilleges.

:)

I haven't even heard of it. Bartitsu sounds like the name of a strip club in China Town.

It exists.

Was the name under which Jiu Jitsu was first introduced to the UK in the 1890s.

Memorably it assisted Holmes to prevail over Professor Moriaty when he said "Outside now" at the Reichenbach Falls.

When I reached the end I stood at bay. He drew no weapon, but he rushed at me and threw his long arms around me. He knew that his own game was up, and was only anxious to revenge himself upon me. We tottered together upon the brink of the fall. I have some knowledge, however, of baritsu, or the Japanese system of wrestling, which has more than once been very useful to me. I slipped through his grip, and he with a horrible scream kicked madly for a few seconds and clawed the air with both his hands. But for all his efforts he could not get his balance, and over he went. With my face over the brink I saw him fall for a long way. Then he struck a rock, bounced off, and splashed into the water.
The Adventure of the Empty House.

I haven't even heard of it. Bartitsu sounds like the name of a strip club in China Town.

There's online videos, but most of the tits making them couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's a British creation, combining elements of Boxing, Wrestling, Fencing and Aikedo. The first name of the creator was Bartholomew, but he added the itsu to make it sound more Oriental. With a bit of creative nastiness, it's possible to be a very nasty surprise.

There's online videos, but most of the tits making them couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. It's a British creation, combining elements of Boxing, Wrestling, Fencing and Aikedo. The first name of the creator was Bartholomew, but he added the itsu to make it sound more Oriental. With a bit of creative nastiness, it's possible to be a very nasty surprise.
1653132928316.png

My bold .. that one, already this morning someone on GBNEWS was saying the recent rise in fairly violent pitch invasions & trouble at recent football matches was showing this where people were more aggressive in reacting to incidents. Another reason was the increase in the use of cocaine which when mixed with an intake of alcohol was explosive!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes. When MPs and civilians ran towards. He could have used his briefcase as a battering ram.

Yes. When MPs and civilians ran towards. He could have used his briefcase as a battering ram.
There's some footage of a MoP using his bag to defend himself at Leytonestone underground against a knife attacker prior to TASER equipped police turning up to respond.

It's the mind, not the equipment, as you wisely said.