Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Isn't that rather extremely illegal? If so, why the ******* hell hasn't she been brought up before the Judge? That sort of shite is what's driving half of the disunity that this is topic is generating.

Edit:
However, a very quick google shows no links to repubale websites. All the sites, or commentators seem to be one armband away from Labours most famous dresser in black.

anyone got a grown up/credible website? Or even a link to the video/tweet where she said it?
Youtube has her calling people coons

May be this could have been posted elsewhere on Arrse, but here we go, Out and about yesterday, in I must admit my shire county, but could not notice the amount of union flags at half staff. Made me think is this as much the 'silent majority' making a statement, as respect for HRH Phil?

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
This caught my eye this morning,
The whitest white paint in the whole history of white paint.
I haven’t a clue why I put this story here I just thought WPM and after the riots this might come in useful to brighten the place up again.

This caught my eye this morning,
The whitest white paint in the whole history of white paint.
I haven’t a clue why I put this story here I just thought WPM and after the riots this might come in useful to brighten the place up again.

So all that energy is sent back into the atmosphere, instead of being absorbed by the buildings... Not sure they've thought this through.

Plus for a way to kill some time in the office, on the subject of paint, have a look at the story of Anish Kapoor.

endure

GCM
So all that energy is sent back into the atmosphere, instead of being absorbed by the buildings... Not sure they've thought this through.
Apparently they're hoping it will decrease the need for air conditioning by keeping buildings cooler.

At least some of the heat would radiate away unlike that from AC units which would be directed purely into the the air around the buiding.

Chef

LE
Apparently they're hoping it will decrease the need for air conditioning by keeping buildings cooler.
Might be a good idea in permanently hot sunny countries but in somewhere like the UK or much of Europe won't what's saved in AC costs in the summer will be lost in extra heating costs in the colder weather?

Might be a good idea in permanently hot sunny countries but in somewhere like the UK or much of Europe won't what's saved in AC costs in the summer will be lost in extra heating costs in the colder weather?
You need to factor in that the best IR absorbers are also the best IR emitters, ie. a shiny silvery surface reflects almost all IR but also emits very little. A matt black surface will get very hot in direct sunlight but will also cool down quicker once it gets dark.

Then there's the decrease in IR intensity over an area during colder months (shorter days, axial tilt, blah blah) which means the paint will have less of an effect in winter. Unless you're living in southern France or Spain chances are it would make bugger all difference anyway.

Tool

LE
Also, another thought. It's great when it first works, but what happens after a year of use in a big traffic heavy city?
I'd suspect that some of the "whiteness" is down to resistance to pollutants, ie. the paint is "self-cleaning" in much the same way that some glass is self-cleaning. The glass manages it in some part by being extremely fine - fewer small pits and scratches in the surface for dust etc. to stick to.

Riots this summer?
I've just been past the Magistrates Court on my way home, there was a collection for scruffy bastards waving banners, I suspect that they were hippies from Stroud. I didn't fully see what the banners were, but I saw 'false flag' on one, and an XR symbol on another.
I berated a gender fluid type as I thumped past it on my Triumph and bade it get a job.
This is as close as we get to a riot in Cheltenham, so yes, riots this summer it is!

Riots this summer?
I've just been past the Magistrates Court on my way home, there was a collection for scruffy bastards waving banners, I suspect that they were hippies from Stroud. I didn't fully see what the banners were, but I saw 'false flag' on one, and an XR symbol on another.
I berated a gender fluid type as I thumped past it on my Triumph and bade it get a job.
This is as close as we get to a riot in Cheltenham, so yes, riots this summer it is!
Kill the Bill had a weekend of protests planned.

Latest Threads