Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Actually, in UK, it will really depend on whether it is raining or not.
With you there...it's amazing how "getting out of the house for my mental health" changes with the weather.

We have a small open space park nearby and, last week when the sun was out and warm,there were mums and kids galore. For the last few days it's been a nippy NE wind and...only a couple of kids (on their own).

I think the ex Squaddies should organise a riot/protest about the measly 0.5% pension increase.
Why not,.... zimmer frames loaded and cocked, hearing aid batteries fully charged, mobility scooters UMI'd, crutch grips polished, THAT rifle taken down off living room walls, and re-activated, Bi-focal glasses fitted with Armoured glass, old berets dusted down, medals cleaned, regimental tie pressed, shoes bulled, werthers originals loaded into side pockets, blazer on, and its " By the left, quick stumble" :salut:

Last edited:
Why not, zimmer frames loaded and cocked, hearing aid batteries fully charged, mobility scooters UMI'd, crutch grips polished, THAT rifle taken down off living room walls, and re-activated, Bi-focal glasses fitted with Armoured glass, old berets dusted down, medals cleaned, regimental tie pressed, werthers originals loaded into side pockets, blazer on, and its " By the left, quick stumble" :salut:

Armed Response rock up only to be met with 1st Battalion ARRSE Limited Mobility Regiment shaking their heads and saying,

"That's not a personal weapon, son - THIS is a personal weapon!" :twisted:

Armed Response rock up only to be met with 1st Battalion ARRSE Limited Mobility Regiment shaking their heads and saying,

The sad thing is, i really do have one, along with a SMG, both deactivated, and a goodly amount of sharp pointy stabby things, when asked why by plod ( Had a visit when i applied for a gun licence) my answer was " They may break in alive, .................. i got my licence! :p

The sad thing is, i really do have one, along with a SMG, both deactivated, and a goodly amount of sharp pointy stabby things, when asked why by plod ( Had a visit when i applied for a gun licence) my answer was " They may break in alive, .................. i got my licence! :p

I thought the VRB restricted those type of deactivations to Reenactors etc?

I obtained mine well before the deactivating rules tightened up in 1995. I declared mine to plod when i bought them. Providing i do not sell them, or pass them on to my sons, everything is legal.

Nice one. Personally, I think the rules regarding deactivated firearms are too strict. While I'm aware that deactivations can and are used in violent crime, I think it's highly unlikely the average scroat is going to attack his drug trade rivals with a replica Lee Enfield 303... :rolleyes:

Nice one. Personally, I think the rules regarding deactivated firearms are too strict. While I'm aware that deactivations can and are used in violent crime, I think it's highly unlikely the average scroat is going to attack his drug trade rivals with a replica Lee Enfield 303... :rolleyes:
To be truthful, even my SLR with its minimal deactivation would be a nightmare to reactivate, and the same for the SMG. Today's deactivating regime would make it virtually impossible to reactivate, even something as basic as the SMG, however, both mine being of an older set of rules, cock, can be stripped down, and the trigger and change lever both operate. ( The house is fully zoned alarmed, with automatic floodlights all round,) i don't have a land shark, don't need one,............. my old lady is pure blood east end cockney, nuff said.:eek:

Edit:- Forgot to add, i fitted two CCTV cameras to the front of the house. One looking directly through the glass outer front door, the other high under the eves looking down on the drive.

Last edited:

tgo

War Hero
I obtained mine well before the deactivating rules tightened up in 1995. I declared mine to plod when i bought them. Providing i do not sell them, or pass them on to my sons, everything is legal.
It'll be illegal in time, they'll do what they did to things like Balisongs.

I bought one in 1985 from a shop all legal, in 1988 you could no longer buy them but possession was legal, in 2021 even possession in your own home is now illegal and you need to hand them in under a 'knife amnesty' I can see the same thing happening with deactivated too quite easily.

I got my mate a "Morning Star", not the paper... years a go, do they count as knives? He has a lovely display collection on the wall of various edged weapons just at the top of the stairs... on the way from the bedroom to the front door.

0_im-gunner-sell-434858.jpg

I got my mate a "Morning Star", not the paper... years a go, do they count as knives? He has a lovely display collection on the wall of various edged weapons just at the top of the stairs... on the way from the bedroom to the front door.

Just get yourself one of these,

maxresdefault (2).jpg

And tell plod you Self-Identify as a Zulu. ;)

I used to have the frontice piece of " the riot act" on my office wall. Not exciting but there you go I thought that I'd share it with you all .
One of my favorite rock metal bands has an apt named song from their second album

Anyhow the one Percent rise for Nurses is going down like a lead balloon ...somewhat With threats of industrial action so I think the answer to the OP is 110 percent yes.

Coupled with as everyone states,

1) pubs opening with or without alcohol

2) nice weather

3) discontent about Brexit from either side.

Nice little cauldron / time bomb waiting to go off any mon the now,

Perhaps LAPD Astro Division Project THOR should come into play

One of my clients published a report in the mid 90s citing a case of attack helicopters having their use in assisting civvy plod such as the author says himself as an US Army AH-64 CO has used his Apaches to search for missing kids in the woods with the TADS, PNVS.

Also he cites the use of attack helos in calming the en masse gatherings of rioters. Nothing like the feeling that the behind the searchlight aimed at the miscreants that there is a 30mm.

cheers

cheers

Last edited:
I have no issue with your point.

My point for the posting was clear. Due to this trial in the USA we may end up seeing riots this summer. Some people in the UK will care about their safety, (esp our Police), the cost to clear up any 'peaceful' protests and graffiti, the shame that riots can bring upon our country etc.

The wider point was built up frustration(s) due to C19 restrictions and other sources that may ignite riots (thread title).

Again, no issue with your view at all but you did ask a question of me.
Yes, I thought the BLM here was in some part due to the Kung Flu lock down, student cooped up etc. As stated by myself before, I am surprised there has been no repeat of 1970's style XLW terrorist action given the ballot box defeats of the left over the past 10 years. No big deal just the odd crude IED?

Last edited:
On the plus side Boris has indicators he's not really one to back down. See his purchase of water cannon. One assumes he was fully intent on using them on rioters, but was let down by not doing his research first.
On the flip side there was last years kinetic cultural shopathon.
But there's the question of was he involved with the operational decisions, which I suspect he was not.

I'd be deeply interested to know if Ms Dick was invited to stand (Don' you bloody sit down!) before Boris and/or Patel, and asked if there would be a repeat of last year?

Yes, I thought the BLM here was in some part due to the Kung Flu lock down, student cooped up etc. As stated by myself before, I am surprised there has been no repeat of 1970's style XRW terrorist action given the ballot box defeats of the left over the past 10 years. No big deal just the odd crude IED?

In spite of the hysteria from certain quarters of the media and politics, XRW terrorism is an almost insignificant threat to the UK. Most of the Waffen-Walts restrict themselves to racist graffiti, posting Holocaust denial conspiracy theories online and occasionally, if they're feeling really brave, punching non-white woman or old people.

Once in a blue moon, a true believer will do something really nasty: the vehicle attack outside the mosque or the murder of Jo Cox. But the vast majority of so-called XRW terrorists are cowardly fantasists who's idea of, "violent resistance" is posting racist memes on Facebook. :rolleyes:

Latest Threads