Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to see riots this summer ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to have the frontice piece of " the riot act" on my office wall. Not exciting but there you go I thought that I'd share it with you all .

Were there not? By definition, it requires only twelve people acting in an intimidating manner, and I would suggest that there were several protests this summer where those criteria were met, even if the police decided not to intervene.
The Riot Act was repealed in 1973.

The Riot Act was repealed in 1973.
I was referring to the Public Order Act 1986, which is extant.

Reason for posting this - The trial commences 29 March 2021 and will be 'live streamed' throughout.

I am betting that the verdict may coincide around the time lockdown fully finishes and pubs fully re-open; with weather improving also.

Therefore depending on the verdict and (if found guilty) the severity of the sentencing I expect riots this summer.

Just a lazy hunch but there is a lot of unreleased tension in our country at present (my view/estimate) and be it this trial or lack of Pay Rises/Indy ref/ER protests/Grenfell/Boris Grrr, or anything else you can think of may be the catalyst for an 'eventful' summer of 2021.

I truly hope I am very wrong.

Reason for posting this - The trial commences 29 March 2021 and will be 'live streamed' throughout.

I am betting that the verdict may coincide around the time lockdown fully finishes and pubs fully re-open; with weather improving also.

Therefore depending on the verdict and (if found guilty) the severity of the sentencing I expect riots this summer.

Just a lazy hunch but there is a lot of unreleased tension in our country at present (my view/estimate) and be it this trial or lack of Pay Rises/Indy ref/ER protests/Grenfell/Boris Grrr, or anything else you can think of may be the catalyst for an 'eventful' summer of 2021.

Easter starts 2 April. Add the long weekend to the mix.

You forgot tech upgrades, e.g. New flatscreen TV.

Personally I couldn't give a fcuk what happens at the trial, gangster dies resisting arrest, who cares?

Personally I couldn't give a fcuk what happens at the trial, gangster dies resisting arrest, who cares?
I have no issue with your point.

My point for the posting was clear. Due to this trial in the USA we may end up seeing riots this summer. Some people in the UK will care about their safety, (esp our Police), the cost to clear up any 'peaceful' protests and graffiti, the shame that riots can bring upon our country etc.

The wider point was built up frustration(s) due to C19 restrictions and other sources that may ignite riots (thread title).

Again, no issue with your view at all but you did ask a question of me.

There may be riots in the US but I think all we will see here is a load of gangsters turned community leaders / pillars of the community gobbing off about injustice.

There may be PEACEFUL PROTESTS in the US but I think all we will see here is a load of gangsters turned community leaders / pillars of the community gobbing off about injustice.

Its only violent and riots if its lead by thugs not activists - see defenition

Thug - someone who smashes windows, hurls rocks at police, assaults people who disagree with them, sets fire to cars, vandalises property and loots shops - targets people on Political, ethnic or religious grounds.

Activist - someone who smashes windows, hurls rocks at police, assaults people who disagree with them, sets fire to cars, vandalises property and loots shops targets people on political, ethnic or religious grounds whilst shouting far left slogans

There may be riots in the US but I think all we will see here is a load of gangsters turned community leaders / pillars of the community gobbing off about injustice.
The trial will ensure the fella who killed Floyd is found guilty. Regardless of what happened. Biden can’t miss out on that sort of kudos from the voting masses

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I have no issue with your point.

My point for the posting was clear. Due to this trial in the USA we may end up seeing riots this summer. Some people in the UK will care about their safety, (esp our Police), the cost to clear up any 'peaceful' protests and graffiti, the shame that riots can bring upon our country etc.

The wider point was built up frustration(s) due to C19 restrictions and other sources that may ignite riots (thread title).

Again, no issue with your view at all but you did ask a question of me.

Actually, in UK, it will really depend on whether it is raining or not.

People in the UK who mistakenly think the Floyd case has any relevance whatsoever to the UK.

Latest Threads