Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Meanwhile, and to the disappointment to many on this thread, the widespread race riots didnt break out in the UK. But twats like this don't help.

However, I'm sure there are people on this site will defend the Lance Sergeant's actions as 'banz'. He further reinforced his rough diamond joker credentials by defending himself after admitting his racist views...and found guilty. To be sentenced in due course.

ETA...a bit of a lard arrse too.
The article says 'that the trial continues?

The irony is Bomber Command had lots of non white, and non Christian aircrew.. They came not just from the white commonwealth but from the Caribbean, Africa, and Asia, and the Nazi occupied nations.
Really? Bomber Command? Lots?

Meanwhile, and to the disappointment to many on this thread, the widespread race riots didnt break out in the UK. But twats like this don't help.

However, I'm sure there are people on this site will defend the Lance Sergeant's actions as 'banz'. He further reinforced his rough diamond joker credentials by defending himself after admitting his racist views...and found guilty. To be sentenced in due course.

ETA...a bit of a lard arrse too.

Can you direct us to any posts hoping for riots ?

Your comments in bold in the second paragraph. You should be careful about making assumptions. They have a habit of coming back to bit you.

If you feel the need to comment on physical appearance is a factor in determining the outcome of a trial then you may need to have a good hard think about how you view the justice system.

As always I look forward to an informed and balanced response.

Really? Bomber Command? Lots?

Of the RAF Bomber Command personnel killed during the war, 72 percent were British, 18 percent were Canadian, 7 percent were Australian and 3 percent were New Zealanders.*

Religious preference does not appear to have been recorded.**

* Robertson, John (1984). Australia Goes to War. Australia: Doubleday. p. 216. ISBN 0-86824-155-5.

**Though I'm fairly confident in stating that all were identified as 'he/him' :cool:

I would say the vast majority would've been Christians - even the handful of personnel from the West Indies, with quite a few Jews thrown in. Bomber Command squadrons were predominantly manned by Brits, Canadians, Aussies and kiwis, though I understand there were individuals from India and virtually all the colonies. These were the exception. The Free French, Czechs and Poles also had their own squadrons. Again, these were the exceptions.

RAF SEAC and the Indian Air Force was obviously ethnically and religiously different.

Can you direct us to any posts hoping for riots ?

Your comments in bold in the second paragraph. You should be careful about making assumptions. They have a habit of coming back to bit you.

If you feel the need to comment on physical appearance is a factor in determining the outcome of a trial then you may need to have a good hard think about how you view the justice system.

As always I look forward to an informed and balanced response.

In other reporting the accused claimed that his racial abuse was banter; in the same interview he also expressed his 'disgust' for Islam. At 37 and a Cpl, he's hardly an astronaut on the promotion stakes, and his physical appearance is at odds with being an NCO in the Infantry and in the Grenadier Guards

Yokel

LE
I would say the vast majority would've been Christians - even the handful of personnel from the West Indies, with quite a few Jews thrown in. Bomber Command squadrons were predominantly manned by Brits, Canadians, Aussies and kiwis, though I understand there were individuals from India and virtually all the colonies. These were the exception. The Free French, Czechs and Poles also had their own squadrons. Again, these were the exceptions.

RAF SEAC and the Indian Air Force was obviously ethnically and religiously different.

The word 'lots' can either mean lots as a proportion, or lots of individuals. My comment was based partly on the episode of The World At War dedicated to the Bomber offensive and Bomber Command, when a Bomber Command veteran who was (I think) curator of the Imperial War Museum talked about personnel from all over the World.

Remember how huge Bomber Command was - just a fraction of one percent would be hundreds of men.

Charles1948

Old-Salt
The word 'lots' can either mean lots as a proportion, or lots of individuals. My comment was based partly on the episode of The World At War dedicated to the Bomber offensive and Bomber Command, when a Bomber Command veteran who was (I think) curator of the Imperial War Museum talked about personnel from all over the World.

Remember how huge Bomber Command was - just a fraction of one percent would be hundreds of men.
I admire your sophistry

Yokel

LE
I admire your sophistry

No sophistry - just a poor use of language on my part. Some miscreant vandalised a Bomber Command memorial, presumably assuming that all the personnel were white, and it was simply pointing out that that was not the case.

Who cares what colour they were? Similarly there were black sailors at Trafalger and Africsn and Indian soldiers in the WW1 trenches.

Last edited:

Charles1948

Old-Salt
No sophistry - just a poor use of language on my part. Some miscreant vandalised a Bomber Command memorial, presumably assuming that all the personnel were white, and it was simply pointing out that that was not the case.

Who cares what colour they were?
I care that some people are trying to claim that Bomber Command was a multi-cultural force, instead of White.
Don't you realise what these people are doing to you?

I think this puts the London Saturday and Sunday rent a mob in perspective, if this lot of odd balls, weirdoes, care in the community cases gone wrong, assorted fruit cakes and the odd SJW hanger on can turn out to protest Corvid does not exist they will turn out for anything. BTW can you spot Jeremy?

Who cares what colour they were? Similarly there were black sailors at Trafalger and Africsn and Indian soldiers in the WW1 trenches.

They wrote "All Lives Matter" not "Black Lives Matter".

I know that but the point is that they are highly unikely to get any convictions as it was a third of a century ago, most of the people involved are dead and the British Govenment doesn't have jurisdiction in Sri Lanka where the allegations happened.

The Police don't have to investigate everything. It could be closed as 'Not in the public interest' and the money spent on better things. Especially as KMS were operating with the full co-operation of the British Government of the time.
Like that did Matrix Churchill any good.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

In other reporting the accused claimed that his racial abuse was banter; in the same interview he also expressed his 'disgust' for Islam. At 37 and a Cpl, he's hardly an astronaut on the promotion stakes, and his physical appearance is at odds with being an NCO in the Infantry and in the Grenadier Guards
He could have been the bedding storeman?

Indeed. There are panels in the Australian war memorial in Canberra listing the dead in each unit that served. The largest numbers of panels are for the three thousand Australian airmen serving in mixed commonwealth RAF squadrons in Bomber Command. Eleven percent of the total of dead in the Command.

Latest Threads