Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Do they care ?
They already have power to influence by merit of race. They can simple collect the pay and utter a pronouncement now and again.
But most can see through it except those who have bought into it.

The vast majority don’t see anything wrong in what was done that day.

well, it is policing by consent. Whatever that means.
It probably doesn't mean what you think. It is a common misconception.
"Policing by consent" indicates that the legitimacy in policing in the eyes of the public is based upon a general consensus of support that follows from transparency about their powers, their integrity in exercising those powers and their accountability for doing so.(Wikipedia)

In 2012 the Home Office explained this approach as "the power of the police coming from the common consent of the public, as opposed to the power of the state. It does not mean the consent of an individual.
No individual can choose to withdraw his or her consent from the police, or from a law."

Wasn’t the driver white? Doesn’t that blow this whole argument out the window
But what about if they self identify as black?

I suppose the police would say that we chose the laws we obey by voting in politicians who make the laws.
Maybe people should bother to read a party’s full manifesto when they go to the polling station.
There is no such thing as a free man of the law, regardless of how many YouTube videos these ‘free men ‘make.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
The suspects linked to Lawrence’s murder was totally based on Dwayne Brooks witness statement. Basing this on five young men. Could he have been mistaken? Was his statement accurate?

Two decades on, two suspects were charged and found guilty. Based on advances of DNA evidence. Regarding charging the other three suspects, if the evidence isn’t there, it isn’t there.

It may well be sad that the Met can’t convict anyone else,but what’s done is done.

I tuned in to Iain Dale's show this evening and had a listen to some of it. Since Denise guest presented in June she has become a regular co-host on Wednesdays. She has a sense of fun and a nice laugh but seems rather enamoured of BLM. In fact she seemed to discount the Conservatives BAME members of the front bench because they are Asian. Oops.

Although I didn't hear the whole show, the highlight for me, was a call from Joseph. That was outstanding! He really likes Iain's show but took Denise to task about identity politics which frustrates him. He said it is making things worse not better. He describes himself as of African origin, rather than a person of colour or BAME.
Joseph said we need to stop identifying people by colour and treating them separately and and asked how she would categorise Jo Biden?. She hadn't thought of that. Her response was along the lines of he doesn't need identifying because nothing has changed, white ruling class etc.

Lammy and Abbot got name checked. Denise means well but rates DA highly...

I wonder if Joseph's call will appear on LBC highlights or YouTube?

... she seemed to discount the Conservatives BAME members of the front bench because they are Asian. Oops.
It's quite inconvenient for those on the opposition benches of African heritage that the current Home Secretary can play a better racist card than they, as her parents were Ugandan Asians, hounded out of Uganda by black racists, and finding sanctuary amongst the welcoming white folks in the UK. I'm just waiting for her to properly slap someone down with it.

120,000 police officers can not enforce the law on 65 million plus people. It requires consent and compromise on both sides.
I watched the code zero programme again the other night and astonishing really and I had no idea, that you could bite a police officer, blindside another and even have a knife, whilst attacking a police officer and absolutely no custodial sentence.

The drip drip of negative police stories continue from the BBC and the plod have managed to keep the rioting confined somewhat, which is actually quite an achievement and likely only two danger points remain (notting hill carnival and trump winning over the pond and triggering sympathetic rioting over here from the halfwits).

It's quite inconvenient for those on the opposition benches of African heritage that the current Home Secretary can play a better racist card than they, as her parents were Ugandan Asians, hounded out of Uganda by black racists, and finding sanctuary amongst the welcoming white folks in the UK. I'm just waiting for her to properly slap someone down with it.
She has mentioned it in a general sense - and was of course criticised for it. Wrong type of racism I suppose?

Wasn’t the driver white? Doesn’t that blow this whole argument out the window
He looks white
But Butler is also lot darker than she appears in that video - It looks to me he may be a lighter skinned ethnic / mixed race individual and the camera settings / lighting issues make him appear white.

A cynic may wonder if perhaps that wasn't intentional so she can point to a false claim by people challenging her and thus infer all counter arguments are falsehoods

He looks white
But Butler is also lot darker than she appears in that video - It looks to me he may be a lighter skinned ethnic / mixed race individual and the camera settings / lighting issues make him appear white.

A cynic may wonder if perhaps that wasn't intentional so she can point to a false claim by people challenging her and thus infer all counter arguments are falsehoods
A cynic says that she's far too thick to think that far ahead.
An average 3 year old would kick her massive arrse at snap.

Latest Threads