Are we going to see riots this summer ?

I actually thought there was a law, possibly the road traffic act 1988?, that enabled a police officer to stop any motor vehicle on a public road? I stand to be corrected.
There’s lot of YouTube video of police encounters, mainly people arguing with the police for half an hour about not giving their name and details.
Now that Ms Butler has objectived to being stopped and filmed the police ,she has set a precedent to anyone else , particularly from black people.
How will any white Met Officer be able to pull over a black driver in London without a song and dance made out of it.

Does anyone know how I make a complaint to the Met about a MP attempting to inflame racial hatred by misrepresenting the events of a police stop she was involved in?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Unless your seniors decide not to intervene of course.
And it pains me every time that happens. Just a people can't choose which laws apply to them, the police shouldn't choose which they want to enforce.
To quote an oft used phrase......'the job's fucked'

begbie

Old-Salt
I actually thought there was a law, possibly the road traffic act 1988?, that enabled a police officer to stop any motor vehicle on a public road? I stand to be corrected.
There’s lot of YouTube video of police encounters, mainly people arguing with the police for half an hour about not giving their name and details.
Now that Ms Butler has objectived to being stopped and filmed the police ,she has set a precedent to anyone else , particularly from black people.
How will any white Met Officer be able to pull over a black driver in London without a song and dance made out of it.
S163 RTA 88 gives a constable the power to stop a motor vehicle, no need for reasonable grounds etc.

Does anyone know how I make a complaint to the Met about a MP attempting to inflame racial hatred by misrepresenting the events of a police stop she was involved in?

You could complain to the Met although absolutely nothing will happen. We’re talking about racist police officers and a black female MP.

I’ve no idea about its veracity, but there was a comment on one of the Twitter threads stating that – far from being on their way to lunch – the car had been spotted on CCTV doing circuits of the area. The implication being that they were hoping/trying to get pulled.

The look of triumph on the creature’s face when the stop happens, certainly ties-in with that theory...

Chef

LE

Good luck with that my friend:

Desk Serjeant to Mr Wilfred

'What is the substance of your complaint?'

'Ms D. Butler may have misrepresented the events of a police stop she was involved in.'

'The MP for Brent South?'

'The very same.'

'Telling porkies?'

Laughing, Policman, law & order, cops, DriveWrite Automotive, motoring, cars

Chef

LE

Met Police website mate, you'd not be the first either.

I'm aware these things come through to us regarding numerous public figures but I couldn't say what the outcome is because 1) No idea, that's not my department and 2) it would be a genuinely dangerous game for an officer to start publicly commenting on other peoples' reports, both for victims or suspect.

Last edited:

Londo

LE
I’ve no idea about its veracity, but there was a comment on one of the Twitter threads stating that – far from being on their way to lunch – the car had been spotted on CCTV doing circuits of the area. The implication being that they were hoping/trying to get pulled.

The look of triumph on the creature’s face when the stop happens, certainly ties-in with that theory...
I do hope that little snippet gets into the MSN ( and creature is the right word for her )

Haven’t the Met being branded institutionally racist since the 90s?
Apart from actively encouraging black people and ethnic minority’s to join and applying positive discrimination, what else can they do?
You can lead the horse to water...
Sounds like they are institutionally racist.

Just not in the way the race baiting DB seems to think.

I would have thought that a middle aged MP would have been mature enough to deal with the police without filming it and uploading the footage.
Surely as an MP she should try to diffuse police and public tensions, rather than inflame it?

Why didn’t Dawn Butler put more energy into solving gang crime and knife crime in her area?
Or she is still busy spending tax payers money on expenses, like her £18 k jacuzzi?

Get to it.

Met Police website mate, you'd not be the first either.

I'm aware these things come through to us regarding numerous public figures but I couldn't say what the outcome is because 1) No idea, that's not my department and 2) it would be a genuinely dangerous game to start commenting on other peoples' reports, both for victims or suspect.
Really? Then why have this on your web site?

Met Hate Crime Reporting said:
Remember, you don’t have to be the victim of hate crime to report it. You can report anything you’ve seen happening to someone else, or report it on their behalf if they don’t want to.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm just waiting for the day that a call comes through over the radio, stating a bunch of IC3s are havinga a bit of a kick-off and the reply comes back "as we're an IC1 crewed car, we won't be going due to being called racists every time we attend an incident involving anyone of colour, please feel free to send a couple of BAME officers to attend though".

Latest Threads