Are we going to see riots this summer ?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Londo

LE
The BBC report -

What colour does that driver look to you?
Looks white to me . So it wasn't Festus driving ?
I hear he does a lot of that when his not languishing inside or making excuses for his sista . Peace Be Upon Her

The PC looked totally non-plussed when she dropped the "I am a member of parliament" bomb.
I'm sure George Clinton would have had something to say about it too

NSP

LE
And here's the footage when it hasn't been flipped.

The BBC report -

What colour does that driver look to you?
Well, his neck and arm are whiter than mine so...

She was still asserting that he is black, ably enabled and echoed by Andrew Castle, on LBC this afternoon.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
Haven’t the Met being branded institutionally racist since the 90s?
Apart from actively encouraging black people and ethnic minority’s to join and applying positive discrimination, what else can they do?
You can lead the horse to water...
And going to the ends of the Earth to stop young black men killing each other over postcodes.

Even that act was racist.

Londo

LE
The PC looked totally non-plussed when she dropped the "I am a member of parliament" bomb.
I'm surprised she hasn't come out with ' The police officer spoke to me without compassion '
As some other lard arssed female POC did just a few days ago when stopped by plod . ( Not as though he was given much chance to say anything IMHO )

I have a number of observations about Ms Butler's stop.
The first thing I find worrying is the absolute delight that she shows as the video starts. Suggests to me that she had already decided to cause the officers a problem.
It also appears that she had decided that she was being profiled before the encounter had begun. I think there's a word for assuming people's opinions based on characteristics. Black person must be bad. Police officer must be racist. Begins with 'p'.....anyone?.....anyone?.......word root is in pre judging someone.......
This from someone who represents the establishment. Challenging those whose job it is to uphold the laws that she and her peers create.
She utterly failed to give the officer an opportunity to explain the reason for the stop. Which, under the Road Traffic Act needs to be nothing more than that the vehicle is being driven on a road.
On the Sky News site, the preceeding story was of the lad stabbed near Oxford Street.
Can someone please explain to me how the police are supposed to put a lid on black on black violent crime if we can't stop black people.
I hope the officer's body worn is released and she recieves a response from the media she has courted.
I despair. 362 days left........362 days left.....

I seem to recall that a police constable may talk to anyone as he thinks necessary and it is the duty of every citizen to cooperate with him.
You can see why any number of citizens may not wish to cooperate, but I would have thought that a Member of Parliament should at least want to give the appearance of doing so.

I seem to recall that a police constable may talk to anyone as he thinks necessary and it is the duty of every citizen to cooperate with him.
You can see why any number of citizens may not wish to cooperate, but I would have thought that a Member of Parliament should at least want to give the appearance of doing so.
Silly rabbit, that only applies to the Plebs, not important people like Ms Butler! ;)

This is one of the fundamental principles of the 'policing by consent' that gets so rwadily bandied about by people who wish to infer that the consent will be withdrawn. It goes both ways. You give us your consent to police you, but you also consent to be policed. That bit gets forgotten.

Chef

LE
It would have cost the copper his job but when she said:

'If you're profiling people by the colour of their skin'

'I did, he's entirely the wrong colour to be driving this car, so we thought he'd stolen it'.

(As mentioned before the off camera copper did point out the tinted windows made it impossible to see who was in the car. Rather like the athletes stopped a few weeks back).

Latest Threads