Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Haven’t the Met being branded institutionally racist since the 90s?
Apart from actively encouraging black people and ethnic minority’s to join and applying positive discrimination, what else can they do?
You can lead the horse to water...

offog

LE
Probably because Ms Butler did the do you know who I am card...
At 48 sec on @smartarse video which is cut from the Guardian one.

I note that the BBC is updating its report and including a bit from Susan Hall.

Susan Hall, Conservative leader on the London Assembly, has called for the Met Police Commissioner to release body worn camera footage from officers at the incident.

Ms Hall tweeted: "If Dawn Butler wants to play politics with police officers doing their job, Londoners should have all the facts."

Some one in the BBC may be getting a whiff of week old cod and doing some digging.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Shaun Bailey apparently said on Twitter that he doesn’t believe the Met are racist with regards to the stop.
Butler said that he ( Bailey) doesn’t understand institutional racism... bearing in mind that Bailey is black himself.
WTF????

as a conservative, SB is no doubt considered the wrong kind of black. :roll:

Shaun Bailey apparently said on Twitter that he doesn’t believe the Met are racist with regards to the stop.
Butler said that he ( Bailey) doesn’t understand institutional racism... bearing in mind that Bailey is black himself.
WTF????

But like Priti patel - he doesnt count as he is guilty of white think

Dr Death

War Hero
First sign of the 2nd wave of covid and back to lockdown & Boris will order the troops on to the streets.
Hopefully with baton rounds/rubber bullets and tear gas.

It would be great to see the entire footage and not the upload tailored for the Guardian devotees Her political coaching classes worked well in that the police man wasn't given an opportunity to speak.
How very open minded.
Isn't it normal procedure for the Officer to tell you why they've stopped you and not be lectured by the driver as to the reasons she shouldn't be stopped?

As she wasn't the driver,

She wasn't the driver, so why she had to open her mouth at all is beyond me.
I've just seen the unflipped video and indeed she was just a passenger.

Why she had to open her mouth? Easy one, she's Dawn Butler MP.

il_570xN.2075131820_snuh.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it normal procedure for the Officer to tell you why they've stopped you and not be lectured by the driver as to the reasons she shouldn't be stopped?

Quite, do we now have to give permission to the police before they stop us? Do we then need to get our phones out and film the whole episode?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Butler obviously has lots of cards to play;
racist,
sexist,
anti-police;
being an MP;
member of the Labour Party
providing falsehoods.

I seem to remember a Nigerian MP who played the same game - once too often though.

Butler didn’t own the car or drive it. In any case how would she have known the drivers history, possibly the car may have a history or poor driving, driving offences.
She’s a black female Labour MP who’s anti police, as mentioned already.
If she was a lesbian she’d tick every diversity box.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads