Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Fry can be an insufferable lefty, but he is funny.
Although that sounds like something Oscar Wilde (ah, butch Oscar) would have said.
It was from an episode of QI that showed the USMC Colonel just before Desert Storm, trying to be ‘down’ with his young Marines and saying it’s going to be “hammer time”, then saying it a second time as he didn’t get the response he’d been expecting.

This militia chic thing could make the stab vest a must have fashion accessory.
Coincidentally, making people harder to stab might just drive down knife crime.
Now if the Met. were to able rent out its stab vests like Moss Bros...
Jeez, I've been slow on the uptake this last week.

Why would they need stab vests? Surely they're not so neurotic that they think there's the remotest possibility of plod doing a bayonet charge.

No. They're not being worn to protect against stabbing, they're to negate tasers. Does this equate to "going equipped"?

Hopefully plod will have read up on history and are prepared for a Ned Kelly response.

endure

GCM

Why would they need stab vests? Surely they're not so neurotic that they think there's the remotest possibility of plod doing a bayonet charge.

No. They're not being worn to protect against stabbing, they're to negate tasers. Does this equate to "going equipped"?

Hopefully plod will have read up on history and are prepared for a Ned Kelly response.

PETERL~1.jpg

I think it's much more likely that they are wearing them because they think it looks 'cool' and portrays an image. Wearing them at a protest in the UK to protect against Taser would be pretty pointless as Taser isn't normally used during PO ops.

Last edited:

Perhaps they're worried plod might accidentally fall over whilst taking the knee and them an injury

I think it's much more likely that they are wearing them because they think it looks 'cool' and portrays an image.
I believe the term used by the colonials is "Live Action Role Play" or LARP for short. Basically the same as did as kids only we used cap guns and imagination

.570 Snider Enfield cartridges and cutlasses were used. I saw a Port of London (IIRC) Police Cutlass for sale recently.

Londo

LE

Good point . The same thought about the vests had been bothering me but had not manifested itself completely but I think you have hit the nail on the head .

As far as I can gather until fairly recently a lot of the urban drug dealers used to wear stab vests but it's rarely mentioned now by the MSN .
Reason being that a lot of the more 'professional' stabbers tend to go for the head/face , groin area or the buttocks
Three reasons .... 1 They have a points system for injuries inflicted . Head or face gains the most .
2.... Long lasting and debilitating injuries such as putting someone on a stoma bag for life or ruining their 'love' life with a stab to the groin .
3...... Less chance of murdering someone and going down for a life sentence .

These vests as well as making them look intimidating and also to make themselves feel.....lets say more invulnerable when it does get a bit physical with our law and order .

Class them as paramilitaries and arrest the lot of em . As the police have done in the past with XRW groups .

IIRC that was just a fleece jacket with a logo printed on it .
What's good for the goose is good for the gander

I think it's much more likely that they are wearing them because they think it looks 'cool' and portrays an image. Wearing them at a protest in the UK to protect against Taser would be pretty pointless as Taser isn't normally used used PO ops.
Two lines of copers, front rank kneels, then volley fire by Taser? Not sure it'd work TBH, but whatever floats their boat.

Personally I think its because they want to look ally.

Aren't militias illegal or is this a dance troup?

Adds a whole new meaning to the expression 'Trooping the Colour'.

I'm Sure that Bill Mott would be impressed with that lot.

I believe the term used by the colonials is "Live Action Role Play" or LARP for short. Basically the same as did as kids only we used cap guns and imagination
There is the whiff of Role Models walting going on

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads