Are we going to see riots this summer ?

The NY Times is pushing somthing called "the 1619 project" which aims to do exactly that, they are rewriting the history taught in (American, at first) schools.

Back onto FF Force, there's another video in which they proclaim they will arrange gang truces, make sure people are safe on the streets, and be "a force we can count on". So, vigilantes then.
If they can engage wit da yoot and get meaningful results, working collaboratively with the police, councils, etc, then I'm all in favour of FF. If, however, they aim to unilaterally transplant the police, then I am completely against them. There is no middle ground.

Bob65

War Hero
If they can engage wit da yoot and get meaningful results, working collaboratively with the police, councils, etc, then I'm all in favour of FF. If, however, they aim to unilaterally transplant the police, then I am completely against them. There is no middle ground.
I agree but I wouldn't hold my breath. What's a truce between gangs? It just means they stop fighting each other for now, and concentrate full-time on victimising their local communities! Hardly progress, but it's the best FF Force can offer - and they have yet to actually do anything yet (to be fair, they have yet to do anything actively harmful either).

The same video has their spokewoman explaining that their drill is the discipline born of adversity...

I agree but I wouldn't hold my breath. What's a truce between gangs? It just means they stop fighting each other for now, and concentrate full-time on victimising their local communities! Hardly progress, but it's the best FF Force can offer - and they have yet to actually do anything yet (to be fair, they have yet to do anything actively harmful either).

The same video has their spokewoman explaining that their drill is the discipline born of adversity...
She must of experienced a lot of adversity as a student at Oxford. Is that one of the 'lack of opportunities' that she must have experienced?

Back onto FF Force, there's another video in which they proclaim they will arrange gang truces, make sure people are safe on the streets, and be "a force we can count on". So, vigilantes then. But no mention of who they will be protecting their communities from.
Wasn't there an outbreak of a bunch of american styled vigilantes wearing red berets who used to "keep the subways safe" about a decade or two ago? Something called "Guardian Angels"?

They used to walk around in red berets and red jackets, vowing to protect the civilian population by alerting the police to crime, something that started in New York but I seem to recall it had hoped the pond to London for a while.

A similar vein to this sort of thing, only the Guardian Angels were mostly white, full of smiles and likely to disarm you by being overly positive.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Another form of the New York Angels, the only difference being NY at that time was an incredibly lawless city and had been taken over by the Mafia.

London does have a knife crime problem and, if these are intending to counter the chief cause of London’s problem then I understand the stab vests and hope it works.

There are a lot of sex shops in Salisbury, as I noticed whilst taking a wander in between trains.
There's still one on the corner down from the Station access road?

Hmmmmmmm.

According to "A people's history of the United States" (Howard Zinn, a weighty tome but worth the effort) during the C17th local land owners made strenuous efforts to enslave the local population of the Eastern Americas which didn't succeed as the pesky Indians ran off into the forests, never to be seen again. To make up the labour shortfall, large numbers of English undesirables were shipped to the Americas as "indentured servants", who were to all intents and purposes slaves in that they could be bought and sold, raped, beaten and generally treated exactly the same as black slaves.

In the event the BLM protests get some form of compensation, I take it that those descendants of indentured servants will be entitled to similar compensation?
Please forgive my ironic laughter.

Yokel

LE
There's still one on the corner down from the Station access road?

Hmmmmmmm.
Yes and if you are too embarrassed to admit going to Salisbury to go there, you can make up some story about Steeples (remember to get the exact height from Wikipedia) or poisoning someone with Novichok.

Disclaimer - I do not know the place. My mate and I were waiting to change trains and went in search of a pub.

Chef

LE
Given the fairly high percentage of absent fathers amongst PoCs I hope they appreciate the irony of joining 'Families Forever'.

Back onto FF Force, there's another video in which they proclaim they will arrange gang truces, make sure people are safe on the streets, and be "a force we can count on". So, vigilantes then. But no mention of who they will be protecting their communities from.
Cyrus walts.....

This new paramilitary looking organisation that has been demonstrating in Brixton seems openly racist, something BLM has been whinging about and then going ahead and practising.
Don't be daft. You can only be racist if you're of a certain ethnicity, innit? All other ethnicities are just victims of the racist one, obvs.

Mrsheeny

War Hero
The ******* state of that drill.

No wonder they're stabbing each other over drill music videos, those about turns look like Uncle Knob head doing Northern Soul moves.

Anyway, FF? Or where they named SS by someone with a lisp on the phone to the embroiders? Either way, they should be called the FF Service not Force.

Latest Threads