Are we going to see riots this summer ?

I rarely venture out.

There was a BLM protest demo in Cambridge today, and XR last couple of days....there .

Must be silly season weekend repeating itself somewhat ..

cheers

I think that NL & UK work the same methodology on this sort of thing, if the colour isn't stated then assume a range of anything between coffee & dark dark chocolate.
Same in the USA, they were quite happy saying the suspects were white or Hispanics but if they never mentioned the race then you could make your own, usually correct, assumption.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Petrol bombs thrown at houses in Tigers Bay and the police by those peaceful neighbours in the New Lodge on Friday afternoon. More trouble in the New Lodge yesterday and tonight there's talk on twitter that it's now going both ways over the peacewall.

You can close the thread and I can go to the bookies to pick up my winnings on rioting in the UK this summer :p.

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Petrol bombs thrown at houses in Tigers Bay and the police by those peaceful neighbours in the New Lodge on Friday afternoon. More trouble in the New Lodge yesterday and tonight there's talk on twitter that it's now going both ways over the peacewall.

You can close the thread and I can go to the bookies to pick up my winnings on rioting in the UK this summer :p.
12th of July, if there's something not going down somewhere or other in NI that's the time to start worrying about the country going down the drain :rolleyes:

12th of July, if there's something not going down somewhere or other in NI that's the time to start worrying about the country going down the drain :rolleyes:
It's been going on since June around all the interfaces of North Belfast. Dissidents trying to bait Loyalists into retaliating, so they can gain support. They've tried it here the past 2 weeks in East Belfast and basically got laughed at.

Hopefully it calms down before someone gets hurt.

It's because they are very upset that there will be no parades to be offended by on Monday.

It's because they are very upset that there will be no parades to be offended by on Monday.
Apparently the kids throwing petrol bombs at Hallidays rd weren't from the New Lodge but were offended by the bonfire behind the peaceline at Duncairn Gardens.

Our communities played a blinder the last few weeks and not allowed Bobby Storeys provo funeral to be dropped by the media, even though Republicans are trying every trick in the book to get the heat of Michelle O'Neill.

I lived in bucolic West Wales for a while, and one day got a lift back from a local garage by the son of the proprietors. He spoke perfect southern counties English and I assumed he’d moved to Wales relatively recently, but he said he’d been born there and his accent was just the result of being brought up by his English parents. 20 years of Welsh schools etc had had no noticeable effect on his accent at all.
0A used to live with an Essex-born BTP copper who had lived and worked for many years here in South Wales. Every morning he used to to stand in front of the bathroom mirror and say "Ah nah brahn cah", just to check he wasn't turning Welsh!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There was a BLM protest demo in Cambridge today,
One in Brighton Saturday, and another in London yesterday, where these folks seem determined to make sure that we all are forcefully reminded of our poor behaviour.

Following the nationwide protests following George Floyd's death, the National Football League in the US has drastically changed its stance on players protest gestures at the commencement of the National Anthem.

Earlier this month, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell condemned racism, and while he did not address Kaepernick who had earlier begun publicly protesting for BLM racism, nor the anthem issue directly, backed players to "protest peacefully," which has now been interpreted as a green light for players to kneel during the anthem.

It has long been an opinion that children raised in one parent homes in the US, especially black children, have statistically been more likely than children raised in two parent homes, to engage in criminal behaviour, join gangs and accordingly have negative contacts with police.

When black males father a child with a woman to whom they are not married---or at least living with---they are directly contributing to that problem, and a situation that everyone is now being told to take a knee to, after the death of George Floyd, and other black men, at the hands of the police with whom they have come into conflict with.

A huge number of Americans look up to to their favourite football players who they keenly follow and wish to emulate. A slight issue here is the example some of these sportsmen have been setting, by contributing significantly to a problem for which many of their fellow footballers are now protesting.

Just 7 famous players fathered 58 children by 44 different women.

Antonio Cromartie 14 children by 9 different women.
Travis Henry 11 children by 10 different women,
Willis McGahee 8 children by 7 different women,
Derrick Thomas 7 children by 5 different women,
Bennie Blades 6 children by 6 different women,
Ray Lewis has 6 children by 4 different women, and
Marshall Faulk 6 children by 3 different women.

Not included Adrian Peterson 11 children by 7 different women.

Before very popular and widely followed sportsmen take a knee, they should perhaps at least have a thought about the examples set by these men, because, It appears to many of the public watching their gestures of protest, that one of the problems here has perhaps not been the ‘knee' that some of the sports fans have been seeing used so freely!!

( Edited to take into account Snope’s corrections.)

One in Brighton Saturday, and another in London yesterday, where these folks seem determined to make sure that we all are forcefully reminded of our poor behaviour.

Following the nationwide protests following George Floyd's death, the National Football League in the US has drastically changed its stance on players protest gestures at the commencement of the National Anthem.

Earlier this month, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell condemned racism, and while he did not address Kaepernick who had earlier begun publicly protesting for BLM racism, nor the anthem issue directly, backed players to "protest peacefully," which has now been interpreted as a green light for players to kneel during the anthem.

It has long been an opinion that children raised in one parent homes in the US, especially black children, have statistically been more likely than children raised in two parent homes, to engage in criminal behaviour, join gangs and accordingly have negative contacts with police.

When black males father a child with a woman to whom they are not married---or at least living with---they are directly contributing to that problem, and a situation that everyone is now being told to take a knee to, after the death of George Floyd, and other black men, at the hands of the police with whom they have come into conflict with.

A huge number of Americans look up to to their favourite football players who they keenly follow and wish to emulate. A slight issue here is the example some of these sportsmen have been setting, by contributing significantly to a problem for which many of their fellow footballers are now protesting.

Just 7 famous players fathered 58 children by 44 different women.

Antonio Cromartie 14 children by 9 different women.
Travis Henry 11 children by 10 different women,
Willis McGahee 8 children by 7 different women,
Derrick Thomas 7 children by 5 different women,
Bennie Blades 6 children by 6 different women,
Ray Lewis has 6 children by 4 different women, and
Marshall Faulk 6 children by 3 different women.

Not included Adrian Peterson 11 children by 7 different women.

Before very popular and widely followed sportsmen take a knee, they should perhaps at least have a thought about the examples set by these men, because, It appears to many of the public watching their gestures of protest, that one of the problems here has perhaps not been the ‘knee' that some of the sports fans have been seeing used so freely!!

( Edited to take into account Snope’s corrections.)
how-to-breakup-a-are-you-my-dad-blacklivesmatter-protest-4157444.png

I predict that somebody is going to get hurt.

Is there a way of ending this idiocy? By modifying the statues so that they're holding hands, perhaps?

The BLM protestors who toppled Edward Colston’s statue have set the precedent. If you don’t like it topple it.

Since his was there first, this one should be similarly removed and sent to the tip.

Yokel

LE
What, and remove her Black Power salute?
Perhaps they could replace toppled statues with one of the founder of the Guardian? Yes, he kept Slaves but...... feelings and being right on. Likewise the paper is happy to report those who avoid tax, but is owned by an offshore corporation......

Perhaps the Guardian reflects the repressed guilt and anger of its readers - the type of people who see something that is wrong, but do nothing, and project that self loathing onto others?

Perhaps they could replace toppled statues with one of the founder of the Guardian? Yes, he kept Slaves but...... feelings and being right on. Likewise the paper is happy to report those who avoid tax, but is owned by an offshore corporation......

Perhaps the Guardian reflects the repressed guilt and anger of its readers - the type of people who see something that is wrong, but do nothing, and project that self loathing onto others?
Deflection keeps the baying mobs away from their doors.

Latest Threads