Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Are you Met Police and I genuinely do not know and im not having a go, if you are you must have been on nights and decided to put yourself in news blackout mode. I seen photos of met seniors taking the knee.
Careful plod might want you to check your privilege on not say racially charged phrases like blackout

Wasn't that after they'd had a car smashed up and they pulled back
Yes quite a few police vehicles got damaged

Not necessarily MOE police, but BETTER policing. Not taking hte knee. Not dancing with da yoof or attending Gay Pride - you know, getting pally with the populace. The difference being being pals and being friendly. When the populace are getting raucous, it is harder to police them if they feel that you are their pal and that you will cut them some slack. This is the case of giving a finger, losing an arm.
From what I remember, the Police chiefs stated that the crime levels were dropping, so the Home Office minister/s of the day said "save some money". This is a part of the reasoning behind the reduction in police numbers.
When I started working with homeless types, I was discussing helping them out in small ways with my Trainer. He was adamant. I am not their friend, and I should never ever ever attempt to becomes so. Everything is fine in the day to day side of things, but as soon as it comes to the enforcement side of then, then you become the biggest bastard ever, and they'll be out to get you. Keep it professional, and things will go better.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You do know that the University of Cambridge is only a small, administrative organisation? The strength rests in the independent, wealthy and influential colleges.
Cambridge University has been there some while and is a collection of over thirty colleges.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I know that, but administratively the 'University' part of it is quite small. I was a post-graduate student there a few years ago.
I don't really care where you read but my statement is correct.

The worst thing you could have been accused of in those days was 'lack of bottle'.
Plenty of bottles these days. Generally donated at speed & from a height by peaceful protestors & innocent party-goers.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Oooh see you. Didn't matriculate?
Sorry but I didn't realise you were so desperate for the last word.
Now try reading my statement again because I have nothing more to write you in respect of that.

It would go down well with the general population. Nobody cares about the MSM anymore. Their ratings and sales are down and are heading for bankruptcy. The BBC and C4 only survive on public money but their audience ratings are dwindling.
I'd agree, but the screeching in Parliament would be horrendous. Unfortunately, it's there where these issues are decided; even with a large majority, many Conservative MPs are squidgy in the middle, and what with the screeching being repeated In Large Lettering in the obvious newspapers, they aren't to be relied upon; they have their trainloads-of-gravy to sustain*.

I've come to the conclusion that 'democracy' has been a fine and honourable experiment, but isn't the optimal solution to society's gasping climb up the mountain; there must be a goblin behind, with a whip (sorry, is that too 'slavish' to mention?) working for ...er, the People.

(* Apologies, but while searching for a synonym for 'sustain. Wiki or some other outfit came up with this:

verb: support; ...
bear all or part of the weight of; hold up.
"the dome was supported by a hundred white columns"

...which is extraordinarily offensive, and must be deleted.)

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
Brings me back to the willingness to carry and use knives. One way to resolve it would be for firearms to slot a few, they'd soon lose the nerve to carry them. However that won't go down well with the media or general population I'd suggest.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Something is seriously amiss.

If I whipped out a sword and started brandishing it at Police i'd fully expect a 9×19 to the chest.

The level of arrorgance in thinking you could do that and live to tell the tale is breathtaking.

Entitlement indeed.

It's not hard to find one at random, you just need to search for peaceful BLM demonstrations

Who said they were peaceful? Guys without gear again? Would you have stood your ground? Still not answered have you?

Something is seriously amiss.

If I whipped out a sword and started brandishing it at Police i'd fully expect a 9×19 to the chest.

The level of arrorgance in thinking you could do that and live to tell the tale is breathtaking.

Entitlement indeed.
It wouldn't surprise me if there are some out there goading the Police to react & give them their moment of outrage from which all sorts of "Righteous & Furious Anger" will ensue.
Someone will be willing to take one for the team, we're not dealing with rational people here.

It will give them perceived legitimacy to do what the hell they like to institutionally racist whitey.

Edited to correct grandma.

Last edited:
See above. A bad choice of words but you've become fixated on the phrase. Perhaps I should have used "retreat" in order to alleviate the wear and tear on your oh-so-ironic quote button.
They have retreated, in fairly orderly fashion, whilst under attack. Which is what they'd do in similar circumstances at any time, until the big boys who are tooled up get there. Common sense no?

Who said they were peaceful? Guys without gear again? Would you have stood your ground? Still not answered have you?
I've had plod pointing guns at me, threatening to shoot me for taking photos, I knew they didn't have the bottle to do it

If you don't stand your ground, they'll be more intimidating the next time

What would you do, take the knee before beating a hasty retreat?

They have retreated, in fairly orderly fashion, whilst under attack. Which is what they'd do in similar circumstances at any time, until the big boys who are tooled up get there. Common sense no?
What would you do, take the knee before beating a hasty retreat?

Not necessarily MOE police, but BETTER policing. Not taking hte knee. Not dancing with da yoof or attending Gay Pride - you know, getting pally with the populace. The difference being being pals and being friendly. When the populace are getting raucous, it is harder to police them if they feel that you are their pal and that you will cut them some slack. This is the case of giving a finger, losing an arm.
From what I remember, the Police chiefs stated that the crime levels were dropping, so the Home Office minister/s of the day said "save some money". This is a part of the reasoning behind the reduction in police numbers.
Not trying to police by consent?

I know the reasoning behind the cuts, I know the reasons given for cutting courts and other parts of the CJS. It's been a failure and it isn't because plod attend Gay Pride events or don't alienate the public.

Absolutely. I would add that their authority has been eroded to the extent that the big boys should have been there from the outset.

You mentioned Policing By Consent. We are approaching the point of non-consent by the denizens of White City, Brixton et al.

No she wasn't. No where near as much as Blair after he introduced the McPherson Witchhunt. Having been around, serving in Plod when both premiers were in office
She was for sure, whether you agree or not is irrelevant, the late 70s and 80s saw a growing politicisation of the Police and it was all pro Conservative, naturally. Blair may have carried it further or not, he certainly didn't start it.

Latest Threads