Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Well, we weren't. We were talking about the Police legging it generally recently.
The legged it specifically at White City. All of my posts today have been about White City, do you have any links to the police "legging it" at Brixton? They've certainly been shutting down illegal parties there as well.

If they had been more on the job, they might have not needed the "gone back in" element. That is what a lot of the posters here are trying to state.
More on the job? From where?

A lot of posters haven't been trying to state that, a lot of posters have been saying "the police ran away" or words to that effect without any attempt whatsoever to understand the particular circumstances.

We do get back to all of those cuts not looking such a good idea now though don't we?

The legged it specifically at White City. All of my posts today have been about White City, do you have any links to the police "legging it" at Brixton? They've certainly been shutting down illegal parties there as well.
As you like Twatter, perhaps you can put your glasses on and notice the police "legging it"

As you like Twatter, perhaps you can put your glasses on and notice the police "legging it"

Well done, you've posted it again. How did it end? Would you have stood your ground? I can't actually see them legging it though, all very slow.

Well done, you've posted it again. How did it end? Would you have stood your ground? I can't actually see them legging it though, all very slow.
A taser would have ended it, but that doesn't involve taking the knee or a BLM photo op

So you're admitting now they didn't stand their ground in Brixton, see we're making progress, you might even get a bottle of buckie if you keep being good

A taser would have ended it, but that doesn't involve taking the knee or a BLM photo op
Did anyone in the video take the knee?

So you're admitting now they didn't stand their ground in Brixton, see we're making progress, you might even get a bottle of buckie if you keep being good
Quick edit there. Why do people keep on saying "So you're admitting...." as if it's some kind of a win? I've admitted nothing. My quick edit appears to have beaten yours. Do you admit that?

Do you have any vids of plod "legging it" then? Apart from White City?

It's not hard to find one at random, you just need to search for peaceful BLM demonstrations

See above. A bad choice of words but you've become fixated on the phrase. Perhaps I should have used "retreat" in order to alleviate the wear and tear on your oh-so-ironic quote button.

Had a discussion with a few colleagues today at work about " taking the knee ".

Their position was that they would be happy to do so in the right circumstances and regarded it as a sign of solidarity with a sector of the community that deserved to be heard. Some of them are very good officers, robust and effective, and I have seen them do work to a high standard....most our 25 years younger than me and worked in the civilian world before enlisting as a copper.

I put it to them that we should under no circumstance show favour or bias when in uniform and should certainly not be seen to be submissive to a mob, which folding down onto a knee is. In a heated discussion,I could in no way put across that the public are not our mates when we are working and to do this act would at best be looked at with derision by those who demanded it and highly likely encourage them further....and at worst, to be seen apparently siding with agitators and alienating a very large majority of other people.

Our official policy is to not " take a Knee " and management will grip anyone who does so.

But, maybe this shows there is a complete difference in the generations in how things are perceived and the need to be empathetic and all encompassing to people.

I think its time to look for a new job.
Are you Met Police and I genuinely do not know and im not having a go, if you are you must have been on nights and decided to put yourself in news blackout mode. I seen photos of met seniors taking the knee.

Tool

LE
More on the job? From where?

A lot of posters haven't been trying to state that, a lot of posters have been saying "the police ran away" or words to that effect without any attempt whatsoever to understand the particular circumstances.

We do get back to all of those cuts not looking such a good idea now though don't we?
Not necessarily MOE police, but BETTER policing. Not taking hte knee. Not dancing with da yoof or attending Gay Pride - you know, getting pally with the populace. The difference being being pals and being friendly. When the populace are getting raucous, it is harder to police them if they feel that you are their pal and that you will cut them some slack. This is the case of giving a finger, losing an arm.
From what I remember, the Police chiefs stated that the crime levels were dropping, so the Home Office minister/s of the day said "save some money". This is a part of the reasoning behind the reduction in police numbers.

Sure looks like losing the streets, they don't seem to be particularly bothered by the police presence

And as you like your Twatter links...

Brings me back to the willingness to carry and use knives. One way to resolve it would be for firearms to slot a few, they'd soon lose the nerve to carry them. However that won't go down well with the media or general population I'd suggest.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It's not hard to find one at random, you just need to search for peaceful BLM demonstrations

That is shameful. It is not as if they don't have ASP's and CS Spray etc. Plus in central London you can get a huge number of reinforcements in minutes if they put up an 'Urgent Assistance' call.

In the not too distance past when the job recruited lots of ex-servicemen and skilled working class guys like ex miners, electricians etc, it would have been a case of ; "Charge" and get stuck in. The worst thing you could have been accused of in those days was 'lack of bottle'.

However that won't go down well with the media or general population I'd suggest.
It would go down well with the general population. Nobody cares about the MSM anymore. Their ratings and sales are down and are heading for bankruptcy. The BBC and C4 only survive on public money but their audience ratings are dwindling.

Indiana Jones knew what to do.

That is shameful. It is not as if they don't have ASP's and CS Spray etc. Plus in central London you can get a huge number of reinforcements in minutes if they put up an 'Urgent Assistance' call.

In the not too distance past when the job recruited lots of ex-servicemen and skilled working class guys like ex miners, electricians etc, it would have been a case of ; "Charge" and get stuck in. The worst thing you could have been accused of in those days was 'lack of bottle'.
During the Thatcher/McGregor/Mad Arthur coal strike, my mate was training as a mining geologist.
His father was a striking miner in west Wales, one brother was a pit manager in Nottinghamshire, and the other was in the Surrey Constabulary and went on (well remunerated) tours further north!
Made for interesting dinner table conversations, on the odd time they were together in Cefneithen !

Latest Threads