Are we going to see riots this summer ?

But that is like someone saying that the multi billion funded British military couldn’t defeat The Taliban. The fact is that militarily it could, if it’s ROE/Legislation was appropriate and the correct resources were there and the political will/support to do it was given by the government.

My current train of thought is that the death of a BLM or black person, at the hands of police or in custody, will result in a summer of proper riots and looting. Neither the government or senior police officers want that, and they are walking a tightrope to avoid that. They will accept minor disorder that is containable and doesn’t flare into full scale disorder. You might not like that but it’s the lesser of 2 evils at the moment.
I agree with your points especially regarding ROE, however, the Police should not be in this position in the first place whereby every action taken is scrutinised and assessed for political damage or civil unrest.

I know the effing French cops don't operate under the same limiting conditions.

You have "no idea" how well it's worked or not. Do you?
If 120 and counting injured coppers, and videos of police officers doing the Italian March are what you consider to be a success, I'd hate to see what you call a failure.

I agree with your points especially regarding ROE, however, the Police should not be in this position in the first place whereby every action taken is scrutinised and assessed for political damage or civil unrest.

I know the effing French cops don't operate under the same limiting conditions.
You would need to speak to the government about that. Out of the last 41 years, we have had a Tory one for 28 years and in the last 10 years the police have been fucked. As a lifelong Tory voter, I can no longer call them the party of law and order or strong defence either.

If 120 and counting injured coppers, and videos of police officers doing the Italian March are what you consider to be a success, I'd hate to see what you call a failure.
Italian March? Do stop inventing what I consider to be a success eh? What were the conditions around injuries? Get back to me when you have a coherent picture.

Italian March? Do stop inventing what I consider to be a success eh? What were the conditions around injuries? Get back to me when you have a coherent picture.
So you admit the initial police response was a failure? Well done. The first step in dealing with any problem is admitting you have one. Something that seems beyond the grasp of the Met Commissioner.

To be fair, Gracs, you do view everything through an anti-Conservative Govt lens.

You would need to speak to the government about that. Out of the last 41 years, we have had a Tory one for 28 years and in the last 10 years the police have been fucked. As a lifelong Tory voter, I can no longer call them the party of law and order or strong defence either.
Too many compromises have been made with regards to funding for Police and HM Forces for too long. I suspect a good long hard violent summer may concentrate a few minds in this respect.

That tw@t, Cressida Dick, is one who should sit up and take notice.

So you admit the initial police response was a failure? Well done. The first step in dealing with any problem is admitting you have one. Something that seems beyond the grasp of the Met Commissioner.
You been on the Buckie? Where do you see any admission? What "Italian march"? Again.

To be fair, Gracs, you do view everything through an anti-Conservative Govt lens.
What's anti Conservative about the above? I'm suspicious of any government, regardless of its political stance.

I have voted for a Conservative MP since moving here, until the the GE this year. I couldn't vote for a Corbyn led Labour party, "may" be able to vote for a Starmer led one but it's early days and still down to their local candidate.

I question this government because it deserves it. Stuff like this:

Government faces lawsuit over £108m PPE contract with pest control firm - CityAM

But on this particular thread, it's about people wanting to point the finger without accepting any of the contributory factors over the past 10 years. Plod in London have been heavily cut, people don't want to accept that it could have contributed to their policing decisions.

My current train of thought is that the death of a BLM or black person, at the hands of police or in custody, will result in a summer of proper riots and looting. Neither the government or senior police officers want that, and they are walking a tightrope to avoid that. They will accept minor disorder that is containable and doesn’t flare into full scale disorder. You might not like that but it’s the lesser of 2 evils at the moment.
Quite likely entirely accurate, but one things spring to mind.
Is this approach not completely buggering up impartiality? The police will clearly be seen to favour one sector of the community. Which utterly breaks relationship between public and police.

What's anti Conservative about the above? I'm suspicious of any government, regardless of its political stance.

I have voted for a Conservative MP since moving here, until the the GE this year. I couldn't vote for a Corbyn led Labour party, "may" be able to vote for a Starmer led one but it's early days and still down to their local candidate.

I question this government because it deserves it. Stuff like this:

Government faces lawsuit over £108m PPE contract with pest control firm - CityAM

But on this particular thread, it's about people wanting to point the finger without accepting any of the contributory factors over the past 10 years. Plod in London have been heavily cut, people don't want to accept that it could have contributed to their policing decisions.

Erm, most people here are criticizing the coppers for their lame tactics and response to civil disturbances whether due to a combination of poor funding/manning/willpower.

No-one is saying more resources or better leadership wouldn't improve Constable Bloggs' situation.

NSP

LE
As this seems to be the place for BLM stuff, Although maybe a separate thread for the BLM USA messing about is in order, as this one seems to be focusing on BLM UK?

This just came up:

Lots of Angry Blacks with guns, calling out the Angry Whites with guns.

More footage:
Well, that won't end in tears, will it. No sirree-bob!!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
You say that (possibly) in jest, but it is exactly that. A bunch of heavily sweating Geo'gia Boys of any colour behaving like that is only exercising their freeborn rights. And from their dress, many will need emergency hydration at the end of their silly walk.
I bet they dont do that much walking on a daily basis the lardy looking bunch

Erm, most people here are criticizing the coppers for their lame tactics and response to civil disturbances whether due to a combination of poor funding/manning/willpower.

No-one is saying more resources or better leadership wouldn't improve Constable Bloggs' situation.
@wetsmonkey's post #7.904 covers it. The resource available has a huge impact on the decision making process and we still police by consent.

Most people on here have been criticising plod for running away without taking into account that they went back, painting a somewhat one sided picture.

You been on the Buckie? Where do you see any admission? What "Italian march"? Again.
Italian March is Coventry doorman slang for retreating at high speed.

You apparently believe that having seven officers injured in a single incident(on top of the 120 officers injured in previous incidents this month alone)and having to run away until the heavy mob was available, is nothing to be concerned about.

@wetsmonkey's post #7.904 covers it. The resource available has a huge impact on the decision making process and we still police by consent.

Most people on here have been criticising plod for running away without taking into account that they went back, painting a somewhat one sided picture.
Most people on here are criticising the fact that Plod ran away in the first place, yielding ground and respect in equal measure.
They took the ground back. Not the respect.

Italian March is Coventry doorman slang for retreating at high speed.

You apparently believe that having seven officers injured in a single incident(on top of the 120 officers injured in previous incidents this month alone)and having to run away until the heavy mob was available, is nothing to be concerned about.
You're making stuff up again.

For clarity, I believe that an under resourced MPS and its leaders face difficult decisions every day and armchair generals or wannabe Chief Constables who pontificate from 500 miles away haven't got a clue.