Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Just start by making a treason a capital offence and having any connection to Common Purpose being an act of treason

That would focus a few minds

Capability is one thing. The willingness to use it is another.

Anyone who thinks there isn't a political dimension to this is deluded.

The Police are there to maintain Law and Order or they aren't. Time to pick a side.

holyphuc

Old-Salt
One of the chaps marching looks like he is itching to get in the yank version of the African infantryman, I wonder how long before they start breaking out the wedding dresses and wellies

Capability is one thing. The willingness to use it is another.

Anyone who thinks there isn't a political dimension to this is deluded.

The Police are there to maintain Law and Order or they aren't. Time to pick a side.
The Police are just politicised social workers there to make sure Marxist agitators don't get hurt by ordinary people

I’d like to believe she will but I won’t hold my breath. You’re right of course about money. For all the crying about how police aren’t doing their job, I’d say this. How come the court lists are packed and the jails full? I would also try and reassure you that the justice system below a certain level, peelers, court staff, CPS/PPS, HMP are honestly knocking their pans in. For the most part. The political will, thus far hasn’t followed through. Money is being spent. Just not appropriately.
Because there's not enough of either, mate. IIRC, just under 10% of all recorded crimes result in a conviction. Imagine how fcuked the courts and jails would be if that figure was even 50%

Yes, there are tens of thousands fewer coppers than there used to be, and that needs to be addressed ASAP. But we also need a lot more prisons, the staff to run them, as well as more sheriffs and judges. Ideally, we'd have enough resources of all kinds to run the criminal justice system 24/7. No more closing the courts on a Friday afternoon. Judges, lawyers etc can work shifts, like any other vital service.

Of course, all that would take both money and political will. So I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

The Police are just politicised social workers there to make sure Marxist agitators don't get hurt by ordinary people
Does that include the cop stabbed in Glasgow or the cop who rugby tackled the bloke who had just killed 3 people, or the multiple thousands of police who do similar every day?

Does that include the cop stabbed in Glasgow or the cop who rugby tackled the bloke who had just killed 3 people, or the multiple thousands of police who do similar every day?
I think his point is that the general public are seeing the Police hounded off the streets by an arguably lesser trained and numerically inferior opposition.

It's not a good look.

Just start by making a treason a capital offence and having any connection to Common Purpose being an act of treason

That would focus a few minds
How about Priti talking to foreign int orgs without telling the government?

Nope, lets focus on vague unsubstantiated rumours about an organisation most know little about. Tinfoil trumps reality every time.

How about Priti talking to foreign int orgs without telling the government?

Nope, lets focus on vague unsubstantiated rumours about an organisation most know little about. Tinfoil trumps reality every time.
You must agree though, that Law and Order must be maintained? Irrespective of politics?

Because there's not enough of either, mate. IIRC, just under 10% of all recorded crimes result in a conviction. Imagine how fcuked the courts and jails would be if that figure was even 50%
I imagine that the majority of those extra 40% of crimes would have been committed by someone who was already in the system for the 10%. So it wouldn't have the impact on either courts or jails that you might imagine.

I think his point is that the general public are seeing the Police hounded off the streets by an arguably lesser trained and numerically inferior opposition.

It's not a good look.
They weren't hounded off the streets though, they made a tactical withdrawal, got some suitably dressed reinforcements and went back in.

You must agree though, that Law and Order must be maintained? Irrespective of politics?
Of course I do, I don't think that conspiraloon knee jerk comments help that and used Priti as an example of something which could actually be construed as treasonous.

I imagine that the majority of those extra 40% of crimes would have been committed by someone who was already in the system for the 10%. So it wouldn't have the impact on either courts or jails that you might imagine.
I'm sorry, but that just sounds like wishful thinking. Unless you have evidence to support it.

There is a golden opportunity to put this right before it comes to that. Get rid of all the teachers now, and close their training colleges. What are they going to do, go on strike? Get in place a network of volunteer parents before September and use them to reopen the schools, transition some of them to paid positions but make the ethos of it volunteering. A minimum age limit too, so they have a bit of life experience. Many if not most of the cultural malaise comes from children being taught by people who have never had a job, gone straight from being in school to teaching in one.
I think that listing attendance at certain universities will rapidly become a disadvantage on many Millenials CVs; rightly or wrongly, they will be identified as woke trouble-makers.

I think that listing attendance at certain universities will rapidly become a disadvantage on many Millenials CVs; rightly or wrongly, they will be identified as woke trouble-makers.
Don't be shocked if they're not greatly changed in the near future. Nothing to do with anything other than poor financial management, though government hasn't helped in respect of foreign students.

Don't be shocked if they're not greatly changed in the near future. Nothing to do with anything other than poor financial management, though government hasn't helped in respect of foreign students.
More of our universities than anyone would care to admit have been propped up by Chinese students.

Generally, we don't mean 'police officers' - the concern is with the police management culture - i would guess that leads to the things we see which cause us concern.

Yes, there are tens of thousands fewer coppers than there used to be, and that needs to be addressed ASAP. But we also need a lot more prisons, the staff to run them, as well as more sheriffs and judges. Ideally, we'd have enough resources of all kinds to run the criminal justice system 24/7. No more closing the courts on a Friday afternoon. Judges, lawyers etc can work shifts, like any other vital service.

Of course, all that would take both money and political will. So I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:
We need less ******* people in the country to start with, especially those that just take, take, take.

Solve the macro issues and the other problems often melt away.

We need a complete overhaul of society and how it needs to operate to create a successful nation.

In every profession, Police included, there are people who will go way beyond the call of duty. There are people who will do what is required and no more. Then you have the clowns that struggle to do the minimum.

The video posted earlier of the '' Retreat from White City '' is a shocking indictment of the current state of the UK Police Force.

I don''t care who the order came from - Running away is just not f***ing on.