Are we going to see riots this summer ?

All the retreating bollocks is just storing up problems down the line, if all you're going to do when you show up is run off, you'd be better off not going at all. All those good ol boyz from the 'hood now just think cops are pussies, and will be more emboldened next time.

If you aren't going to do the business when you roll up, don't roll up.
In one of the feeds you can hear one of the 'party goers' shout something along the lines of they're retreating quicker than the last lot.

Sadly we're not going to see a Met Gold Commander do the following...or indeed see one on the ground.

The whole 'Officers attempted to engage with the local people' line sounds pathetic.
They are breaking laws - send the heavies in first.
It is depressing and v concerning.

The whole 'Officers attempted to engage with the local people' line sounds pathetic.
They are breaking laws - send the heavies in first.
It is depressing and v concerning.
I hope to be proven wrong, but I think the failure to engage with the local people which resulted in being bricked and running like lambs, will result in more attempts at engagement with the local people.

All the retreating bollocks is just storing up problems down the line, if all you're going to do when you show up is run off, you'd be better off not going at all. All those good ol boyz from the 'hood now just think cops are pussies, and will be more emboldened next time.

If you aren't going to do the business when you roll up, don't roll up.
ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY THIS!!!
Spot on.

Those young guns on the estates must be pissing themselves - they've quite literally got the police running scared.

And agree with above - put up or don't even bother turning up.
I read something a few weeks ago about the Met saying they were using the impact of the lockdown to re-establish control. I think there has been some reduction in certain types of offence, but the police are not 'in control' in that part of London.
'Policing by consent' doesn't mean the consent of the criminals!

Sooner or later, the practice of sending police officers into violent situations without the numbers, training or kit to deal with it, will lead to dead coppers.

Sooner or later, the practice of sending police officers into violent situations without the numbers, training or kit to deal with it, will lead to dead coppers.
I have 'liked' that not because that's a good thing but because you are probably right. It will be tragic. It may well happen however.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi All,

It looks like the Riot Police did turn up 20 minutes later, and stop the party.

I'm guessing they tried a "Softly softly"* approach (are we allowed to say that now?), which didn't work, so they sent in the riot squad. but the overall first impression didn't look good.

*Softly, Softly (TV series) - Wikipedia
Much easier way
get a set of keys to the plant room
locate the relevant flat
drop the breaker for that flat or the entire floor
no power no music
seen it done 40 odd years ago

I read something a few weeks ago about the Met saying they were using the impact of the lockdown to re-establish control. I think there has been some reduction in certain types of offence, but the police are not 'in control' in that part of London.
'Policing by consent' doesn't mean the consent of the criminals!
I know I've quoted His Grace, Blackboard Monitor Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh and Commander of the City Watch, before in this Thread, but it bears repeating,

"Policing by consent was all very well, but you had to get the buggers to stop moving first".

The British tradition of a civilian body policing by the consent of the law abiding majority of their fellow citizens is a fine and noble one for the most part. But it must never be forgotten that policing always will be a full contact team sport. There is a significant minority with no respect at all for the law of the land. And when they won't do what they're told, you need to have sufficient muscle and testicular fortitude to make them. Sadly, the police, through no fault of the junior ranks on the ground, are rapidly losing that capability.

I have 'liked' that not because that's a good thing but because you are probably right. It will be tragic. It may well happen however.
Mate, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven wrong. But events seem to be gathering a very nasty momentum. And I'm not sure it's possible to stop them before some poor bugger on the ground pays the ultimate price.

Mate, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven wrong. But events seem to be gathering a very nasty momentum. And I'm not sure it's possible to stop them before some poor bugger on the ground pays the ultimate price.
Yep. Running away. Tripping over. Suddenly you're mates are ten yards ahead and you're getting a kicking / knifing.

I know I've quoted His Grace, Blackboard Monitor Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh and Commander of the City Watch, before in this Thread, but it bears repeating,

"Policing by consent was all very well, but you had to get the buggers to stop moving first".
Another Pratchett quote on policing seems very relevant as well:

"Coppers stayed alive by trickery. That’s how it worked. You had your Watch Houses with the big blue lights outside, and you made certain there were always burly watchmen visible in the big public places, and you swanked around like you owned the place. But you didn’t own it. It was all smoke and mirrors. You magicked a little policeman into everyone’s head. You relied on people giving in, knowing the rules. But in truth, a hundred well-armed people could wipe out the Watch, if they knew what they were doing. Once some madman finds out that a copper taken unawares dies just like anyone else, the spell is broken."

I don't blame the poor buggers for legging it from a mob when outnumbered and outgunned. The only outcome of standing and fighting in that situation is hospitalised coppers. The issue is that with social media that meme of 'the police will run away if you and your mates start getting lairy' is spreading rapidly. As others have said there will be a big confrontation at some point. The longer that takes to happen the worse the consequences will be.

Much easier way
get a set of keys to the plant room
locate the relevant flat
drop the breaker for that flat or the entire floor
no power no music
seen it done 40 odd years ago
Against the human rights of young trainee architects, engineers & doctors using computers to study ;)

Its gonna happen. Its probably what some of these scum want to see. Another Keith Blakelock

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Against the human rights of young trainee architects, engineers & doctors using computers to study ;)
I did it late one night not so long ago
a friend rang me up 3rd night running no sleep, making him ill
rental property, cant locate landlord
Leroy and his mates banging out the shouty music

3 days later they left
when you have faeces coming up the plughole its a good incentive

Another Pratchett quote on policing seems very relevant as well:

"Coppers stayed alive by trickery. That’s how it worked. You had your Watch Houses with the big blue lights outside, and you made certain there were always burly watchmen visible in the big public places, and you swanked around like you owned the place. But you didn’t own it. It was all smoke and mirrors. You magicked a little policeman into everyone’s head. You relied on people giving in, knowing the rules. But in truth, a hundred well-armed people could wipe out the Watch, if they knew what they were doing. Once some madman finds out that a copper taken unawares dies just like anyone else, the spell is broken."

I don't blame the poor buggers for legging it from a mob when outnumbered and outgunned. The only outcome of standing and fighting in that situation is hospitalised coppers. The issue is that with social media that meme of 'the police will run away if you and your mates start getting lairy' is spreading rapidly. As others have said there will be a big confrontation at some point. The longer that takes to happen the worse the consequences will be.
Nice one. That's from, THUD!, yeah?

I don't blame the coppers on the ground either. The senior officers who send them into dangerous situations without enough numbers or PPE, however, are another matter.

Ms(Doesn't Like)Dick was moaning in the DM about how it was easy for people to sneer at the police from the safety of their armchairs, and that suggestions the Met had lost control of certain areas, "was absurd". This from a woman who, I'm fairly certain, would be screaming over the radio and trying to call in an airstrike if she found herself within five hundred yards of the type of public order situation her juniors are facing on almost a nightly basis.

Nice one. That's from, THUD!, yeah?

I don't blame the coppers on the ground either. The senior officers who send them into dangerous situations without enough numbers or PPE, however, are another matter.

Ms(Doesn't Like)Dick was moaning in the DM about how it was easy for people to sneer at the police from the safety of their armchairs, and that suggestions the Met had lost control of certain areas, "was absurd". This from a woman who, I'm fairly certain, would be screaming over the radio and trying to call in an airstrike if she found herself within five hundred yards of the type of public order situation her juniors are facing on almost a nightly basis.
Not forgetting (and i don't intend to re-ignite the discussion) the senior officer who locked himself in his car as an officer was stabbed to death a yard or two away (Westminster attack) and then left the scene, to direct the response from elsewhere.

Not forgetting (and i don't intend to re-ignite the discussion) the senior officer who locked himself in his car as an officer was stabbed to death a yard or two away (Westminster attack) and then left the scene, to direct the response from elsewhere.
And who's lack of moral fibre was defended by Ms Dick herself.

Latest Threads