Are we going to see riots this summer ?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Awol

LE
Looks like the MOD might have had their hand forced in respect of servicemen and women taking the knee by the CO of DSMarE at HMS Sultan:

A bit of a difference in attitude to the mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy nonsense spouted by the Chief Constable of Sussex Police mentioned earlier in his thread (I think it was this one).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I know it’s the Independent, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much anti-military rhetoric crammed into a single article.

NSP

LE
David Starky now in trouble for speaking literal truth

doubt he will care

" Slavery was not genocide otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or Britain would there? An awful lot of them survived"

His tenure at Cambridge is being reported as being on shakey ground on the BBC. So, BAME academic makes clearly racist remarks; gets endorsement. White academic makes questionably racist remarks apprently based in truth; faces censure and dismissal.

Isn't that racism on the part of the Cambridge Uni' authorities...?

Edited to add: Starkey [forced to?] resigns; BAME prof continues in post.

Last edited:
I know it’s the Independent, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much anti-military rhetoric crammed into a single article.
"Figures published by the Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces show that Bame personnel are more likely to complain about bullying, harassment and discrimination than their white counterparts. While Bame staff make up just 7 per cent of overall armed forces personnel, they account for a disproportionate 13 per cent of those lodging complaints about discrimination. "

How much more likely are they to play the race card though. Extremely high.

I actually made a complaint to the BBC because this sentence wound me up. Won't do any good but made me fell better for about ten seconds.

Starkey made the offensive remarks in an episode of Grimes's YouTube show Reasoned, entitled "Dr David Starkey: Black Lives Matter Aims To Delegitimate British History".

Who are the BBC to say what is or isn't offensive? Why does an apparently impartial news service get to decide what is offensive to everyone else?

I'll decide what I find offensive or not
I am more offended about the title, I'm pretty sure the worse is "Deligitimise".

"Figures published by the Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces show that Bame personnel are more likely to complain about bullying, harassment and discrimination than their white counterparts. While Bame staff make up just 7 per cent of overall armed forces personnel, they account for a disproportionate 13 per cent of those lodging complaints about discrimination. "

It is rather an insidious set of figures if you think about it. "13% of those lodging complaints", which also means that 87% of those lodging complaints are not of BAME origin (whatever that may mean).

So how many complaints were actually raised? More importantly, how many were actually upheld? How many of those complaints came from genuine cases where discrimination was an actual event, and how many were from instances where the complainant felt aggrieved because they had a personal understanding that they should or should not have been permitted to do something?

"Your turn on guard"
"Don't want to, you is picking on me cos' I is BAME...."

There was no argument. I was asking questions.
Will British soldiers kill civilians (for example, protesting Remainers) if they are ordered to do so?
Are many of them so prejudiced that they would kill whoever hey hate (for example, black people, or muslims) if opportunity arises in for example, a likely civil unrest?

These are the sort of heavy shit that you don't want to address, you just carry on spouting offensive crap, pretending to be patriots, but I bet most of you have never served. Me neither, but at least I admit it.
I expect a downturn in aeronautical engineering due to the virus has made you angry.

It'll pick up again eventually.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't that racism on the part of the Cambridge Uni' authorities...?
Cambridge University is racist and for many a nest of Communism.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Bit like the statistics for prison populations. although a vastly smaller segment of the population, they make up a disproportionate segment in prisons in the West. That along with illiteracy and fatherless households, and victim/race card use.

As for the ‘peaceful’ protest on July 5th, non identifiable clothing being shown as a requirement is a massive statement that illegal activity is expected to happen.

The concern about PPE, also pointing out to those attending that wearing masks will further hinder identity.

One can only sincerely hope that every possible CCTV camera will be monitored and available to keep an eye on these ‘peaceful protestors’ from the time they begin making their way to this event, and before they don their PPE, to the time they get back home.

Because they weren’t so thoughtful last time, and odds are they will only put it on just before the ‘fun’ starts, and take it off the minute they feel safely out of the area where they ‘protested'/rioted.

Last edited:
Penny to a pinch of sh!t it isn't peaceful.
Interesting to see what line the police take this time. They'll look a right bunch of plonkers if they're not prepared.
Penny to a pinch of sh1t that the MSM try to make it out to be peaceful demo.... Again.
I certainly don't know too many peaceful demonstrations where over twenty police officers are injured.

Penny to a pinch of sh!t it isn't peaceful.
Interesting to see what line the police take this time. They'll look a right bunch of plonkers if they're not prepared.
I would venture that looking like plonkers horse has already bolted.
I suspect the best we could hope for, and may well be sorely disappointed by, is upholding at least some laws.