Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Just in time for the argument about whether a poppy is a political statement or not!
Maybe the RBL could endorse a black poppy.
Wear one or you are a racist

Indeed you didn't, but it is exactly the stuff I mean to discuss. Also, Godwin's law is not relevant here, for that very reason.

Now there is my problem, "unless that order breaks the law of armed conflict", but how far can we trust some misguided weirdos to stick with the law, rather than just follow even such orders?

If you don't find the coherent point, you didn't look for it. I tend to ask the questions, get the answers, draw conclusions and present those, rather than preach in a "coherent point". I'm interested in others' coherent point.
You don't consider too many options, I see.
Words actually fail me. I'm out.

I'm pretty sure there's a little bit more of a difference than that. AFAIK, Stacker hasn't beheaded anyone recently, nor has he thrown any gays or trannies off of a multi storey car park.
Well, I haven't been caught doing those things.

BobbHope

War Hero
Grudging steps towards awareness and realisation but the delusion and self justification continues.
Not too sure about that. From the article:

"We are aware of the risk posed by groups that seek to hijack popular causes and campaigns to promote their own political views."

It seems that BLM has been hijacked by ... erm ... BLM.

And rightwaffe has been efficient? No wonder the EU looks upon America and "sighs".

So far I would not put it past him and some others around here.
Sadly, you seem to have little concept of how pathetic you sound.
My woke teen niece debates ten times more articulately.
I am now engaging the ignore button, on the basis you have had a fair run, and have neither taught me anything, or been a tiny bit interesting.

Sadly, you seem to have little concept of how pathetic you sound.
My woke teen niece debates ten times more articulately.
I am now engaging the ignore button, on the basis you have had a fair run, and have neither taught me anything, or been a tiny bit interesting.
I suspect in his/her/xes/its mind he/she/xes/Ugly 64 is quite the intellectual. I don't even see an argument being debated there, it's just random nonsense.

Grudging steps towards awareness and realisation but the delusion and self justification continues.
The condescending has started too. A former premier league player on the radio this morning back pedalling and saying that if you cannot seperate the black lives matter moment (I.e. the virtue signalling strap line) from the political movement then it’s YOU that has the problem.

Bob65

War Hero
The Premier League said in a statement it was "aware of the risk posed by groups that seek to hijack popular causes to promote their own political views".

Ermm, they are not "hijacking" it. They are it and have been since day 1!

99% of the country were perfectly well aware of what BLM stands for, as it is written on their websites and confirmed in interviews with their founders and leaders, and simply chose not to get involved as sticking your head above the parapet was too much risk from the other 1%. I hope everyone will remember who those 1% were as we move forwards.

Last edited:
Now now...! You know the rule. If the facts don't fit the narrative, discard the facts.

In a defund the police kind of way?
No idea, I have no insight into the mans mind and he hasn't had much to say on the subject. However, it's fairly easy to come to that conclusion given his previous comments on the subject and the timing of the cuts. £110M isn't a huge amount of the overall budget but it coinciding with the calls to "defund" the police make it seem like a cynical ploy, to me at least.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No idea, I have no insight into the mans mind and he hasn't had much to say on the subject. However, it's fairly easy to come to that conclusion given his previous comments on the subject and the timing of the cuts. £110M isn't a huge amount of the overall budget but it coinciding with the calls to "defund" the police make it seem like a cynical ploy, to me at least.
He's been told to make cuts to the London budget, but rather than lose such wonderful non jobs such as the Night Czar (Night Czar) and other such delights, he's made cuts to the police, fire & ambulance services, but it's all the Govt's fault!

The Premier League said in a statement it was "aware of the risk posed by groups that seek to hijack popular causes to promote their own political views".

Ermm, they are not "hijacking" it. They are it and have been since day 1!

99% of the country were perfectly well aware of what BLM stands for, as it is written on their websites and confirmed in interviews with their founders and leaders, and simply chose not to get involved as sticking your head above the parapet was too much risk from the other 1%. I hope everyone will remember who those 1% were as we move forwards.

Quite - a simple search would have highlighted BLM's aims from day one. But I suppose that there was no time in between virtue signalling and bandwagon jumping.

Read a Tweet yesterday - which might explain SKS frantically back pedaling - which highlighted that internal Labour polling showing that most of those they surveyed (and by extension the public) strongly against the BLM. This was before BLMs 'stated aims' became public (although they were already out there) and further shows that you dismiss the silent majority at your peril.

Latest Threads