Are we going to see riots this summer ?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No I didn't - and as I said 'nothing personal', i just get sick of the yank phrases / words like uptick, calling out, double down, take a knee, hunkering down etc. etc. becoming commonplace in British language - mostly encouraged and repeated ad nauseam by 'the media'.
I agree. I mean, 'taking a knee'. Taking it where?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Ad posted on 28/05/20 and contact is Shelby but she left in Feb? Someone's telling porkies.
In my experience it's not uncommon for agencies to copy & paste parts of job ads - although I do agree, there is the potential for a 'reactive re-alignment of employment status'. Also, I may have come across more judgemental than intended, for which I apologise (with an 's' not a 'z' ;) )
ETA - she was apparently 'on a year out' three months ago

At the end of the day, I really don't care what happens to the shouty little trollop, as long as she gets the pointy finger snapped off - ideally at a convenient major artery, that's fine by me.

Last edited:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree. I mean, 'taking a knee'. Taking it where?
I thought it was something the shinners did to drug dealers on their patch?

"taking a knee" Nothing personal - over here it's FECKIN' KNEELING - and it's KNEELING in case you missed it:mad::roll::-x

That's better;)
Somebody can ‘kneel’ for all sorts of legitimate, good, honourable reasons.
Let them keep their ‘taking the knee’ terminology, as an indicator we are dealing with twwwaaaaatttttsss.

syrup

LE
Now we've got the funeral
The town Mayor on his knees sobbing over the coffin.
Sharpton warming Trump not to exploit the circumstances while doing it himself and celebrities like Kevin Hart and someone called Ludicrous who apart from being appropriately named for this farce is a rapper apparently
If ever a man needed a slap and told to man the **** up its the town Mayor.
No doubt he'll be down with a mental illness next

Why were we told to #dontlookbackinanger when loads of white children were eviscerated at a concert in Manchester, but the death of some ******* criminal ape in America should get us all livid?
Quite right.
I'm still trying to work out why I should give a toss that someone I don't know was allegedly killed by someone I dont know thousands of miles away.

Bogie_Bear

War Hero
No as they are Spanish , the post kind of gives that away as it does they are Spanish as they are talking Spanish.

However after living in Italy for a few years the Carabinieri do not take any kind of shite.

95 two young Lts from a very ( buttons and big bear hats) Regiment got pissed and got on the wrong ferry. Acted up so so the Carabinieri went in with billy clubs, took a call to the Embassy in Rome to sort it out.

Pissed Canadian, insulted the duty Carabinieri , was out the country in 12 hours or he would be before the beak.

However not all bad, pissed up Matlow in Rome, Pissed up , lost his wallet, sleeping on a park bench, Shame it’s December and quite cold , like 5 degrees. Carabinieri wake him up and take him to an all night coffee shop and buy him a coffee and a cake, then to the train station and push him onto the train back to the base.
Toughened up a bit since 1942 then?

Do you think they care about that? Any excuse to stir up racial hate and discontent is fine with them.
As said before, without do doubt egged on by prominent politicians and MPs on the left of British politics.

Now we've got the funeral
The town Mayor on his knees sobbing over the coffin.
Sharpton warming Trump not to exploit the circumstances while doing it himself and celebrities like Kevin Hart and someone called Ludicrous who apart from being appropriately named for this farce is a rapper apparently
If ever a man needed a slap and told to man the **** up its the town Mayor.
No doubt he'll be down with a mental illness next

In fairness, Rev Sharpton's speech was comedy gold.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Could you imagine the members of Arrse being asked to go down on one knee...........The majority of them would never get up again.
Perhaps the Army could change the word of command 'Ground Arms' to 'Ground Knees'?

That way whenever this particular drill movement is carried out the Army can concurrently show our concern and commitment to this particular issue while remaining part of a drill spectacle (if the army still does Ground Arms? I was taught rifle drill with the SLR)!

Perhaps other minority issues could also be highlighted in other drill movements? There must be loads of options/interpretations with 'Open Order', For Inspection'. 'Right Dress'....... It's a win win surely; the Army gets to prove its woke credentials without having to change much at all. We could capture every 'right on' issue at the Trooping of the Colour for the entire world to see.

Only kidding of course, this virtue signalling and outright criminal activity wants me to pick up an SLR for entirely different, yet very satisfying reasons. I am more angry over this crap (and Mrs SB who was Met for 25 years) then the riots of 2011.

Watching Naga Munchetty talking to a "Pastor" who claimed to be his friend this morning, you'd have thought that George Floyd was a god fearing, salt of the earth sort of chap.

Yet more typically woke crap from the BBC.

In fairness, Rev Sharpton's speech was comedy gold.
Oh for F-U-C-K's sake. Is that the mayor of Minneapolis kneeling at the bier of the deceased criminal, George Floyd? The guy needs to man the fcuk up. Come to the memorial service with dignity, say a few calming words at the podium if you must, but don't disgrace yourself by kneeling at the guy's bier crying into your hanky like some blubbering female. Leave that to Democrats like old Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi who have been known to debase themselves and grovel in order to curry favour and votes from a certain demographic.. It was tragic the way the man died, but he certainly was no saint.

Latest Threads