Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by welshhammer, Aug 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if the rumer about unit PRI's is true. That the army is closing them down and letting civi firms sell kit on camps where obviously the price is going to be dearer (who gets the profits not the unit). My mate at colchester reckons the big one there is closing down and some civi is runnig a shop on a new camp
  2. Well mate if that happens out here in Germany I reckon That NAAFI will take it over. What they will then do is sack everyone,up all the prices and lower the standards of customer care( if they know what that means)
    they will then go on to monopolise on everything else until it becomes know as The NAAFI Army :x :x :x :x
  3. Already happening in Catterick.
  4. if its already happening in catterick loooks like its true then standards lowered prices up no more cheep regi do's are adventure trg
  5. The answer is simple, organise a boycott of these establishments. No profit means no point and if units organise their own unofficial PRI then we can fight back against this further erosion of our few perks.
  6. Don't know about PRI closing but yes there is a civvy shop in the new barracks that sells all the same stuff
  7. Boycott it, it's the thin end of the wedge. Get amongst the boys and spread the word.
  8. And with this interwebby thingy you can order online throughout the world.
  9. This has already happened with Pay as you Dine at Elpmt (16 and 7 Sig Regt), a NAAFI monopoly
  10. You will be boycotting one of the site sponsors then !
  11. This sucks, the title President of the Regimental Institute can mean nothing if they are fulfilling the role as secondary to their prime function, earning for their parent corporation.

This flies in the face of over a hundred years of charitable and welfare work on behalf of the armed forces, and deprives each and every unit of a measure of independence.

"The PRI funds the majority of recreational activities within the Regiment including providing top quality sports equipment for all, subsidising adventurous training, gym equipment and entertainment"

What chance top quality sports equipment now?
  12. There is a shop in Colchester that is a right rip off. No one uses it, but the PRI is still open as far as I am aware
  13. My mate in the med reg in colly recons that when the old camp shuts down next year all the pri's have got to close down as well with the blessing of the mod brass hats who are probably looking towards their next job when they get out the army
  14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You expecting retiring red tabs to be standing behind the counters? Right mate. :roll: