Are we being taken for a ride!!!!?????

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Scally, Feb 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Canteen_Cowboy has got me

2. not sure if I correctly understand the problem, Scally. I thought 'they' announced some time ago that they were aiming to break-even without constant donations, and I have been impressed to see individuals continuing to donate - voluntarily.

I have only ever made one small donation, got a 'medal' for it, which was 'awarded' a darn site quicker than anything you and I may be still awaiting from the Army Medal Office!

I have NEVER felt under pressure to make donations at any time since I joined, maybe that is 'because I is Scottish'.

So no, I do NOT believe we are being 'taken for a ride'.

regards

3. I gather you posted this just to get a bite or two? so i will anyway :wink:

if not may i suggest you go and look somewhere else for your internet entertainment, or start your own server and site and see how much money you have to lay out to keep it running?

Admin do not have to keep this site running, but they do, and keep it running on a pretty decent server, using voluntary donations by site users and by selling advertising space, which is not exactly in your face or full of pop up's.Also I doubt there is any money to use it as retirement pension plan.

Nothing is for free in this day and age.

4. Happy to donate: saw it as 'annual subs' & this site keeps me a heck of a lot more amused & in touch with the UK than if I'd stumped up a few thou to join the British Club out here! :roll: 8) :lol:

5. Just to kill the suspense, the sophisticated poster which those fckuing journos have referred to........was me.

6. I presume that if it was up to you the sponsors would be Max Power Burberry Von Dutch Mc Donalds and Kappa you cheapskate charver tossbag :twisted:

How do you imagine websites pay for themselves?

7. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but I am not that surprised

8. Here, here. Nobody frces him to use the site as far as I am aware and I expect he is happy to use Army time, electricity and systems to access the ARRRRSE. There is no pleasing some people.

'The more you give the more they want'. Get a life :evil:

9. Having been around for only a few months I can't say I've noticed, but does the 'monthly goal' (currently £118) drop over time as more advertisers come on board?

10. Nice to make the aquaintence of someone who appreciates class when he fckuing see's it.

11. fcuking right, Biscuits

12. Your language is appaling. You could do with taking a leaf out of my fckuing book.