Are We Becoming A Nation Of Robots ?

A

ALVIN

With ever increasing rules and regulations and political correctness being introduced into our society year in year out, are we in danger of loosing our individualism and slowly but surely becoming a nation of robots?

Sod that, there isn't a decent car-factory canteen in the country.

Can I be the one out of Terminator?

A

ALVIN

But seriously ...... If you knew what our future governments had up their sleeve for us over the next 10 years on this subject, you might have a shock on your ARRSE! ......... Think about it!

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
ALVIN said:
With ever increasing rules and regulations and political correctness being introduced into our society year in year out, are we in danger of loosing our individualism and slowly but surely becoming a nation of robots?
To be honest ALVIN I'd say precisely the opposite is happening. If I may, stiff upper lipped, socially aware, adhering to etiquette and demonstrating general good form was the historical stereotyped Brit (Robot? Leviathan?), whereas today (as witnessed by myself manifesting queue fascism!) involves individuality to an extreme, pushing, shoving, literally and figuratively (war of all against all), etcetera, etcetera...

Does not compute....

Alvin, I've told you not to spend so much time outside Buckingham Palace!

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well I might change my name to Dorothy and start a line in oiling of joints if the tin(wo)men look like these two. Who cares if they 'haven't got a heart'? :twisted:

Nehustan said:
Who cares if they 'haven't got a heart'? :twisted:
How many of them do?

vvaannmmaann said:
Too late.It's already started.
OMG!!!!!!

Bruce Lee is now a cyborg.....

:? 8O :? 8O :? :? 8O

Rodney2q

PS I'd like to be a robot and take over the world but at the moment I'm having some techie problems with Windows Media player not having the correct codecs or something and is incompatible with my arm mounted death laser ray.... or something.... I'll need to check with Microsoft tech support first...

We'll never be a nation of robots.............

We're too busy being a nation of sheep!

R

Reversionary_Modes

fertman said:
Well, considering the origin of the word robot - from the Czech for 'worker'- I don't think it's very likely!!!!!! :twisted:
Strap me - I finally understood a point that Fertman made. Perusing fora other than The NAAFI Bar must be gradually increasing my IQ.