Are US Gun Nuts Walts?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by balthazar, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've met nice US Gun Nuts, on and offline, but also large numbers of loonspuds who shouldn't be let near a catapult let alone a Glock. The worst are the ones who claim, with maximum pomposity, to be "The last line of defence against tyrannical government" i.e. believe they and their pot-bellied friends would have a chance in hell against the US military.

But are they Walts?

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whoopeeee! Another thread about Walts!

Let's clarify this once and for all shall we.

Walts are people who pretend to be something they are not, i.e a veteran of a famous balcony siege or some similar event which they were actually not involved in.

The yanks you speak of are merely weird inbreeds with an unhealthy fascination in firearms.

It's all here:

Walts - ARRSEpedia
  3. balthazar

It depends entirely upon whether they vote Democrat or Republican.
  4. Go on youtube and look for "firing slr". Theres a right fat redneck wearing a "them" beret. Now he's a Walt. If he was on the balcony it would have gone south the fat cnut
  5. Dear Ravers

I once played that shooting game at the Fair where you have to knock the tins down with corks shoved in the end of the barrel

Am I a UK Gun nut Walt??

Prey tell

PS. And should I cancel my subscription to Shooting Times??
  6. Ravers

I wouldn't go spinning dits like that round here mate. A lot of people on this site might take offence if you know what I mean. Take this as a friendly warning.
  7. Well said Ravers.Those of us who were actually on The Balcony get very cross with those who pretend they were there.
  8. Would that be The Balcony in Bangkok?
  9. Offence? On here? About what? Corks aren't that dangerous
  10. What a shite thread. Four random pictures of people with guns, the last one of which (was he the punch-line?) is holding two sheridan air-rifles.

Bore off
  11. How about these you humourless jackass? Not a sniff, a smidgen, a cordite-whiff of Waltery?

From mah cold dead hands!

12. Ravers

Christ, you ******* dullard, how does being interested in guns and owning a few of them constitute Waltery?

I own a car, I also watch Formula 1 sometimes, does that make me a racing driver Walt?
  13. It depends, you ******* numbskull, whether you demand the constitutional right to attend Silverstone, keep 20,000 spark plugs under your bed, and claim that if everyone drove on the pavement it would make pedestrians safer.

14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Most of them that I've come into contact with seem to think that owning a gun gives you super powers and makes you bullet proof - they might not be walts per se but they are certainly clueless.
  15. Ravers

But yank gun nuts aren't demanding any of that shit, even if they were, what exactly is it they are supposedly Walting as?

Now if said yank nutter dresses up as a US Navy SEAL resplendent with badges et al, while he partakes in his gay hobby, then yes, perhaps he is guilty of being a Walt, especially if he then tells everyone he is a US Navy SEAL when really he works in Burger King.

The pictures you posted all show slightly weird looking people with guns, tools they presumably require for taking part in their hobby of blowing shit up at weekends. I fail to see what they are trying to present themselves as, apart from weird gun freaks, which they are.

Just for 100% clarity, here is a Walt:

And here is an inbred American playing with a big gun:

Spot the difference.