Are they real or what??? Contract OPFOR!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by YANTOFULPELT, May 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Anyone had any joy with these? Didn't realise we had contracted out OPFOR. What next contract out the Army..........oops TA do that already.
  2. that could be another earner, I've got me own gear honest! what about MTDs?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

None of my gear would fit now! Thats if I could remember who I flogged it to!
  4. Cool chance to be a mercenary without the live rounds bit :D .Looks dodgy though .
  5. All the chief execs credentials should be traceable. They seem to be quite open about who they are and what they have done.
  6. There was an email sent round from high high above about this, they are for real indeed
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Did this email say which UIN or budget would pay for opfor?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That means that recce pln are redundant!
  9. What will all the chefs do???
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

so thats what andy capps commandos do nowadays!
  11. ...................
  12. I think I might be being a bit of a mong here, but can some one enlighten me to what it is they do.
  13. i thought they just did background stuff for tv, films etc..??
  14. This company are for real. They have submitted a bid to get the OPFOR contract and will be told in July if they have been successful or not. They are contacting units and personnel to try and build up a database of individuals who would be interested in doing contract work for them. There is no need to worry about MTDs as the comany will be paying you as an individual not through your TA unit. You will be employed by them and not the MOD. I checked with my Bde and 2 Div and we were told that we could advertise them but it is up to the individuals whether they work with them or not. It is a case of checking the contract yourself and signing up if you want to.
  15. James holds a BA from Brown University, USA in Modern European History and was awarded the Freedom of the City of London in 2006.

Why mention the Freedom of the City as it's not an honour or award.It is something that can be applied for and paid for.Not much of an accolade.