Are They Playing Your Song??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Mar 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Going out in style it seems has changed a bit in the last few years... No sombre organ works, no ' dirges' per se, mo mournful bagpipes on a misty hill..

nope.. the Aging Baby Boomers and the Gen X Y Z are picking some strange sendoffs..

Here's the Top Ten:

1] Queen: Show Must Go On
    2] Led Zepplin: Stairway to Heaven
    3] AC/DC: Highway to Hell
    4] Sinatra: My Way
    5] Mozart: Requiem
    6] Robbie Williams: Angels
    7] Queen: Who Wants To Live Forever?
    8] Beatles: Let It Be
    9] Metallica: Nothing Else Matters
    10] U2: With or Without You

What' tops your Farewll Tour Anthem?.. What's your choice for Swan Song?

I'm partial to Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man or " They're Coming To Take Me Away", or, maybe, the Universe Song from Monty Python...- but then , everyone knows I'm a weird sonofabitch
  2. I'm a W@nker by Ivor Biggun That'll do for me
  3. "Another Girl, Another Planet" by The Only Ones for me :)
  4. I'd like to hear the organist try and play the Birdie Song by The Tweets.
  5. Riders on the Storm - The Doors
    Many Rivers to cross - Jimmy Cliff (NOT UB40!!)
    My Old School - Steely Dan

In that order.....
  6. RTFQ

No Sheep 'til Buxton - the Maclads
    Is it cos I'm Cool - Mousse T
    Don't leave me this way - the communades
  7. For me it would have to be "Smoke gets in your Eyes"or House of Pain's - "Jump Around" or best of all a big steel band playing "I'm feeling HOT HOT HOT"
  8. Stayin Alive - Bee Gees
  9. I've already specified the order of service, its in with my will.

Adagio for strings - Samuel Barber
    Jerusalem - traditional
    Whiter shade of pale - Procul Harem

No, I am not a coffin-dodger, I just have "control issues" :wink:
  10. I want Cry Little Sister (tune from Lost Boys)
    The End = The Doors
    Wish you were Here - Pink Floyd
    Age of Love - Jam & Spoon
  11. You just want to guarantee some tears... :wink:

I want to be burned to the Coronation Anthem from 'Zadok the Priest' by Handel.
  12. To be honest Dozy, I dont expect anyone to be there. I dont have any kids (by choice) I'm the youngest in my family, and I'm fitter and healthier than any of my friends and colleagues. So by the time I depart this vale of tears, sometime around 2096, everyone I know, should be dead.
    Still, it'll be a cheap wake. :wink:

Oh yeh, nice choice with Handel.
  13. Leave a note in your will for your solicitor to post the wake details on ARRSE: if you hold it the last weekend before payday hundreds of squaddies will rock up to drink to your, erm, death!

According to the Death Clock that Calypso posted on the Dead Pool thread, I'm not popping off the mortal coil till I'm 101 in 2075, so if anyone's around then, feel free to drop by to mine... 8) :lol:
  14. What a disturbing thought, I doubt that I would ever make it into the ground, I'd probably end up perched on one of the lions at the foot of Nelsons column. The proceeds of my estate all go to the RNLI, with the proviso that they name a nice shiny new boat after me! :D The "Sleeper Service" the ultimate irony perhaps? :wink:
    Your tragic demise at the tender age of 101, is going into my diary, I'll bring lilys. :wink:
  15. [​IMG]

always look on the bright side of life