are they or arent they

Discussion in 'RLC' started by gtispanners, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. are the rlc really as dog shite as everyone says????????????????????

2. Great thread, spanners - even I think you're a t it and I'm a bloody Sapper! :?

3. Who'se everyone? A few whingers in the NAAFI Bar or was your mail late?

4. Awesome thread...the prowess of your intellect astonish me...were you an OC in my Regt about 8-9 yrs ago, HQ Sqn??

In answer to your dullard, mongloid question, (I'm sorry, I really have to...)

1. The RLC makes up roughly 20% of the army as a single cap-badge entity - within these 20000 or so pax, there will be a huge span of standards from the uber professional, the fittest/toughest and the most intellectually adept through to the most diabolical wastes of oxygen ever (and I suspect spanners you fit into the latter category).

2. The RLC is a technical arm who has a mastery of basic soldiering skills. Sadly too many people believe the idiom of Soldier first tradesman 2nd. Whilst this is true to a certain extent, our 'soldiers' are just about capable of passing ITDs, thereby qualifying them as soldiers, they are not the same soldiers who make up the ranks of 1 PARA or 40 Cdo - These proper soldiers have soldiering as their core skill and do little else but soldier. RLC troops have to stack, drive, cook, sort mail etc, these are our core skills. I'm sure if you turned off all of these and devoted 100% of trg time to range days, PT, navigation etc you'd see a marked improvement.

3. Like it or not, almost everything you do is influenced by the RLC. Sadly, few people have a real understanding of what we actually do. Few G3 Officer (that’s ones with rifles/tanks etc) care to, or bother to understand G4 (that’s beans and bullets) so there is a disparaging attitude (that's dissing) to the Loggies. A large percentage of logistic fcuk ups are invariably due to lack of consideration to logistic planning timelines.

4. I'm actually starting to bore myself now. But finally, there are around 200 Lt Col posts in the RLC, so I for one am sticking around.

PS Melchy, apologies for responding to this Troll, pse can we assassinate him now?

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Assainated and thread locked.

Oh yes, GTIspanners, with all your 14 posts you've proved to be nothing more than a mong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.