Are these for the Marines or mortar platoon?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was just wondering if the colour matched King's Royal Hussars trousers. But I'm saying nowt.

More fitting for gentlemen of our seniority.

I was planning to respond with a pic of drawers, cellular (green, naturally) but when I Googled, I only got photos of furniture.

How times change. Probably one to add to the "How do you know if you're an old fart?" thread.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was planning to respond with a pic of drawers, cellular (green, naturally) but when I Googled, I only got photos of furniture.

How times change. Probably one to add to the "How do you know if you're an old fart?" thread.
A pair of these, you mean (type in "army longjohns")

Just for you.
s-l300.jpg

Or possibly the ex
Santa Marias in the SA mob.

No idea why. Probably the exclamation of shock made upon seeing them for the first time.
Or possibly the expression that comes to mind at Endex, when Compo's wearing off, and you find that your pubes and arse hair have worked their way through the tiny holes?