Are there any women in 9 sqn or 59 sqn these days

Gundolph said:
chocolate_frog said:
They're all women aren't they? :D
You'll go straight to hell for that one :wink:
He'll have to walk or hitch hike because they will also deliberately screw up his warrant and pay!! Never argue with the Chief, always be nice and then you can be the one who says "I don't know what all the fuss is, here is my JIs, warrant, allowance or allowance y, report date for water-skiing instructors course!"

A woman tryed the 9 sqn beat-up when I was in.I think she lasted til the second day which was longer than some of the blokes on the course.

To be fair to her I think she expressed an interest in doing P Coy but got forced into doing the coures in the end by some PC crazy tosser.

Outstanding said:
The fact is that if a woman passed P Coy she would not be put incharge of fighting troops - so why waste time and money to create an unemployable assett.

Thats makes sense.

Why waste time.......................coz some ass kissing officer would love to have Britian's first woman paratrooper in his unit/brigade.

Outstanding said:
The fact is that if a woman passed P Coy she would not be put incharge of fighting troops - so why waste time and money to create an unemployable assett.
Think you will find that if (and it’s a very very big if) a female passed “P” Coy, she would take her place in 7 RHA, 23 Engr Regt, 13 Regt, the AAC Regts (or elsewhere) alongside all the other females who currently serve in these units in 16 Bde.

The only difference being is she would be entitled to wear Wings (cue tampax jokes) on her uniform.

What if a female in the AGC passed the AA Para course and was posted to 1 of the Para Btns.

CAARPS I accept that, but of course she would not necessarily have a job, in her speciality in an AB Org. For instance if she was an Educator, however is a male educator passed P Coy he could elect to serve with an AB Unit and would command troops.

The point being that if Hats are serving in AB units there is no need to spend money to qualify them just for the sake of it.

ABF9 said:
A woman tryed the 9 sqn beat-up when I was in.I think she lasted til the second day which was longer than some of the blokes on the course.

To be fair to her I think she expressed an interest in doing P Coy but got forced into doing the coures in the end by some PC crazy tosser.
She wanted to be there and she was on the course because 59 refused to have her there. She failed on a run in trainers as she couldn't keep up with the pre-para staff.

As far as I know she went on to write a load of femanist articles somewhere. She also looked uncannily like a little boy...

Outstanding said:
All units benefit from a resident groundsheet.
8) 8)