Are there any proper names out there?

The Shite Classes have such dull lives that they have to name their state reliant kids "exotic" names for their own lives to become remotley interesting, the fact she comes from Wakefield means that her cunt was like a bucket anyway, its awonder that the foetus didnt dribble out with the amount of spunk running out of Her !!

1st at 18, 2nd at 22, 3rd at 24, 4th at 26 and 5th at 28. The future is financialy secure.

I know someone who's kids names are (in order)

Arcadia (Girl)
Nikita (Boy)
Findlay (Boy)
Étienne (Boy)
Ariana (Girl)
Artem (Boy)

I know, I know :roll:

Afro-American first names get me - here's a selection:

La-sondra
Lataesha
Latanna
Latasia
Lataya
Lateasia
La-Teesha
Lateia
Lateica
Laticia
La-Ticia
Latitia
Latoiya
Latona
Latondra
Latonia
Latonna
Latonya
Latore
Latoria
Latorray
Latoya
Latreece
Latreese

Shaquand
Shareese
Sharise
Sharisha
Sharonda
Sharrita
Shashawn
Shatoya
Shauna
Shaundra
Shaunika
Shawna
Shawndriell
Shawnika
Shawntea
Shekeia
Shenice
Sherece
Sheree
Shereece

And they are just a few of the girls names. More Gibson's hound names here.

Seems to be a fashion for stupid exotic dancer type names, ie Lillie May, Maisy Day, Daisy Way etc etc ad infinitum.

Names are just getting made up now, I always thought Jack was short for John so how can someone have it on a birth certificate.

Both my kids have proper name "Oi you" and "Cum ere"

Its apparently now acceptable to name kids after random objects, and actual or made up words. I blame those cunts the beckhams. My birds niece is called liberty. That's not even a fucking name it's a random noun.

What we need is more bullying in the playgrounds so little Chardonnay-pine fresh magic tree comes home in floods of tears and announces to mummy that from now on she wants to be called Susan. Its the only way to stem the tide of idiocy. But nooo the bullies who would otherwise be the voice of reason daren't ply their trade for fear of being dragged in front of the Hague. Bloody PC gone mad.

If I ever have kids I'm going to name them "battlecat" and "the fonz"

Names are just getting made up now, I always thought Jack was short for John so how can someone have it on a birth certificate.
Or indeed, like the family whose kids died in the fire the other week (Duwayne having his life support switched off earlier in the week), call one son John & one Jack? I forgave some Dutch friends of our for this on the basis they were foreign, I suppose.

MrsPlume is a nanny & has had some corkers to look after including (& these were the given names, not nicknames) Callisto, Bertie & Ariadne. One of my cousins said she wanted to call her children Cain & Jezebel but bottled it.

Fuck me, just did a quick Google search to check because I thought the Mitfords might have argued about whether Liberty was a proper name & came up with this:

I'm due September 24 with our fifth baby - gender unknown. Our others are Liberty Skye, Eden Rayne, Sterling Blaine, and Ruby Alexandra. Ruby and Sterling have family names for middle names, the others we picked because we liked. But this time around - my husband likes Charles (family name) but I do not, and Gideon - also one I really do not care for. He hasn't mentioned finding anything he remotely appreciated for a girl. (Three girls and one boy later, probably because he's just hoping it's a boy!) I love River Elliot for a boy but my husband isn't crazy about it and we've tried thus far to avoid the same first initials among kids. My choice for a girl is Colleen Brooke - but it's been cast aside by my dear husband as well. Chloe was in the running for Ruby, but was cast out because it's quite popular these days. Asher, Galen, and Sawyer are some of my favorites for boys, and Greta, Nina, Josie and Ainsley for girls - but all have gotten "the frown".

Reuben was a favorite when Ruby was due, but would be awkward to say the least at this point. Another name we both somewhat like is Silas. Brynne is one of my favorites for girls' middle names - I like one syllable for the middle since our last name is three syllables. It begins with F so we've left all the names also beginning with F alone, and it ends in "uh", making Dahlia and Deliah - both past considerations - sound a bit repetitive and not necessarily in a good way.

Getting my husband involved in the naming process is difficult - mostly, he reads through the 20,000 names book we have and doesn't like any of them. Frustrating! Any ideas or suggestions? We like names that aren't terribly popular that are spelled "normal". I really would like to find a name with a great meaning, but several times through the baby name book later, I'm not finding anything we can agree on.

Thanks!

So far all of your children have word names; I'm inclined to continue that. This is more difficult for boy names:

Archer
August
Clay
Deacon
Forest (repeats surname initial)
Gable
Grant
Grey
Heath
Mason
Merit
Miles
Miller
Pierce
Reed (repeats sibling initial)
Roman (repeats sibling initial)
Shepherd (repeats sibling initial)
Wade
Walker

You'll notice I did some REACHING: the names Pierce and Wade, for example, are not considered word names in the same way Liberty and Ruby are word names---but it's enough of a tie-in to feel like they fit in, without being an overwhelming theme. And Shepherd is usually spelled Shepard when used as a name, but I got a little carried away with my self-imposed Must! Be! Words! theme.

Girl word names are so MUCH easier, they pass into being HARDER: there are so many choices, it's hard to even sort through them. Flowers! Jewels! Virtues! Emotions! Birds! Colors! But ruling out -uh endings will help, and we can also rule out names that would make other names too word-like: no Garnet or Pearl or Scarlett with a Ruby, for example.

April
Autumn
Briar
Clarity
Clover
Constance
Harper
Haven
Hazel
Holly
Honor
Iris
Joy
June
Juniper
Laurel (repeats sibling initial)
Melody
Olive
Paisley
Patience
Piper
Verity
Violet

Some of these are iffy: the V of Verity might be too close to the F of your surname, and both Verity and Clarity might be too close to Liberty; Haven may be too similar in flavor to Eden; Honor might go too wordishly well with Liberty; Joy and June might work better as middle names.

For non-word names, your husband might like Galen better for a girl than for a boy, and I wonder if he'd like Gibson instead of Gideon? Nolan comes to mind, too.
Jesus, some of these people make AMMM look like a pragmatist. Don't get me started about Baby Showers or the latest thing, "Gender Reveal Parties"...

Wasnt Galen one of the apes in the original Planet of the Apes?

A young filly of my aquaintence some years ago, Otiline Krumhorn-Sackbutt, aaahhhhh!

Bo-Pierre is somewhere between LA-drive-by-shooting and flummeried courtier of the Sun King.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know someone who's kids names are (in order)

Arcadia (Girl)
Nikita (Boy)
Findlay (Boy)
Étienne (Boy)
Ariana (Girl)
Artem (Boy)

I know, I know :roll:
TBH, FC, Etienne is the French equivalent of Stephen and has been around for yonks. But I do agree, it's a little pretentious if living in somewhere like Shoreditch but fine for Hoxton ;-)

There were twins in SCBU when mini me Mk 1 was born. The kids had the delightful names of 'Pistol' and 'Diesel' apparently.

More idiocy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6939112.stm

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/06/new-zealand-justice-baby-names?cat=world&type=article

Reckon the kiwis have the right idea although I'd expand the list and give registrars the ability to refuse stupid names. Getting them to check the spelling wouldn't hurt either. I know one woman who spelt Maya as Mia and is constantly pissed off when people pronounce her daughters name how she wrote it (Me-ah) rather than what she intended. The dozy bitch.

We called our boy henry. Thats a proper name!

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE