Are there any jobs in the army that are not overmanned?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by wallaboo, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Search function, use it, read it DONT repeat it! - Disco
  2. SO!!!! why is that stopping you from applying for it?
  3. Trap three's usually quiet, but the door doesn't lock and the flush is temperamental.
    Hope this helps.
  4. Well im not familiar with the new recruiting system, and its quite off-putting when people say this job is full..and this job is overmanned gives me the impression i could be waiting months/years for a place to open hoping someone can tell me this is not the case?
  5. Was told it all depends on you grades at ADSC and so on. So do good there and rest of your test and may be lucky.
  6. So you gona apply for something to get in quickly hate the job leave because u didnt like the role. When someone else could of taken that space.
  7. Don't think there are Many jobs at the moment that you will get in within a year so why don't you apply for something you want to do ???
  8. A year?? so even if i get the best possible grades and results i could be waiting over a year to get into the job that i want to do?
  9. That's what I'm finding speaking to loads of people And that's the case for myself
  10. Is it the same story with the infantry regiments?
  11. If your not willing to wait a year for your chosen job then maybe your not willing enough to fill the boots?! Or so I'm told anyway. ;)
  12. The majority of the army including infantry I can't speak for every regiment but a lot of them
  13. Wallaboo expect a wait for any job.

So pick a trade/role you would see yourself enjoying.

My application started July 2009, passed ADSC October 2009 and I start basic training Oct 2010.

So yes, i'd guess at your going to be waiting for around 1year
  14. When i went to my local AFCO on friday for my OCB i was told that there were something like 200-300 RLC Drivers needed, so if a quick way in is what i wanted, apply for that?

does this help?
  15. According to the 'most wanted' bit of the army jobs website, they're currently looking for Communications Systems Engineers, Ammunition Technicians, Infantrymen and Postal and Courier Operators.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.