Are there any Air Dispatchers About?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Spursluv, Oct 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering as I am hoping to be one myself shortly, it would just be nice to speak to someone in the know that give me some advice etc :wink:

2. I am not one, so don't ask me for advice. :D

3. Lolol ok I will bear that in mind ')

4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Normally spotted mincing about in flying suits pretending to be aircrew.

5. Ooh I look forward to it

6. I had a brief foray into the world of Air Despatch sometime ago now. The Sqn OC gained the opinion that I was a bit of a twat (quite correctly) and sacked me.

It was probably the best decision that someone else has ever made on my behalf!

7. Lololol come tell all Hun :)

Why was u sacked?

8. When I served I could have sworn would-be air dispatchers could only apply for the position after completing a few years service. Has this changed?

9. I had a similar experience as a batman! Got sacked and was sooooo! grateful. Best bollicking and dismissal I ever received.

10. When I was there - early in the last decade there were 6 or 7 blokes on the BAD course with me and they had all come straight infrom JLR Colerne.

11. Like I said I was a bit of a twat - turned up thinking I was God's gift - didn't listen - did what I thought rather than what I was told and quite rightly paid for it. However I can guarantee that I'm better off now than I would have been if I had stayed!

12. Lol so how long did u manage to stay as an Air Dispatcher, and did u enjoy it while it lasted??

And no u don't have to do a few years service first, I am going for position as Driver/Air Dispatcher, u train as a Driver first and you get promoted to Air Dispatcher, but if u fail you end up staying as a Driver ;/

13. Flying suits are so last decade..its Cbt 95 now you know. Can't be looking like Blu Jobs now can we??

Spursluv...

The Physical test on the assessment is nothing to worry about. 8 mile Bergan run carrying 35lbs over the Marlborough downs in 2hrs.
    APFA Green pass
    Some mental skills such as basic maths and english.
    Most of all just try not to be too aloof and show them you really want the job. If you play a sport at a decent level or can shoot well etc then tell them as its more strings to your bow .

Extra cash just below PARA pay for under 4 years service and £6.80 ish a day for over six years service. Higher rate of pay for LCPLs and Cpls. Average Cpl on around £29-30K a year (Gross)

Good travel and exciting job. Beats painting trucks for a living all though that will be under threat now due to the new way the Army will POOL all vehicles rather than every unit having them on their parks!!

If you need to know more then just PM me!

14. I've just checked and I'm still not an air despatcher type.

Ho hum.

RRR

15. [quote="Spursluv
    And no u don't have to do a few years service first, I am going for position as Driver/Air Dispatcher, u train as a Driver first and you get promoted to Air Dispatcher, but if u fail you end up staying as a Driver ;/[/quote]

exactly why you should do some time before you do it, learn your job first, then you get some empathy with the blokes you are supporting, if you do go AD, get used to having the loady nick your helmet jack at every lift, and spending the whole flight looking out of the door windows for MANPAD smoke trails STAG ON !!!!!!!!

Ps stop writing in text speak you chav herbert :p