Are there a lot of women joining the ta?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sexbomb1972, Sep 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :?
    I just wondered if a lot of women joining the ta?

thanks
    :flower:

Attached Files:

2. Not at my place, there isnt......

3. We have three at are place.

4. There are about 7 at our squadron but I think it depends what regiment you join. RAMC etc is more likely to have more women than say RE, it just depends what you want to do.

5. I believe the Queen did in WW2 (ATS)

6. Scaleys are choca block - some drill nights i reckon its close to 50:50

7. H3

H3 LE

So that makes the numbers through the doors 2 then :p

8. I doubt if you could call them all women 8O

9. In Inf we did have a few but they were discouraged after SDR - a shame really as some of them were pretty good (mainly platoon radio operators).

I did get to visit a few other units and noticed that Sigs & RLC all had a high proportion.

10. At our unit (infantry) there is just me! Although there are three at the unit attatched to us. Get quite a few through the door, but very few who stay. :roll:

11. Aye, my Pl had a female Rad Op who was told she had to recapbadge RAMC or the like when mighty 6/7 folded. Bogged of to be an RN Officer instead.

Shame, as she was excellent. Fitter than most of the Riflemen.

When recruiting the last few years I had a lot more women than men through the door. Shame we couldn't take them...

12. If you're interested in a combat role and are of a lady persuasion, check out the Royal Yeomanry.

The RY had a female officer deploy as a troop leader in Op TELIC (the one with no number), commanding a load of blokes is a front-line combat role. Not often you see a female troop leader in RTR kit in a war.

With the RY's re-role as formation CBRN reconnaissance, certain jobs are excluded to women but the vast majority are not.

Check out the RY website here.

13. There are quite a few in Movements :D

14. there are quite a few in the ROYAL ARTILLERY some beter than the men.