Are the Yanks Always late?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ex-gunner, Sep 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

They were on time for the Civil War. See they can do it!

2. They were just early for the next one.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Never done that before!

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Was it an armoured digger?
    Police said the bomb went off when an excavator driving a digger drove over it. He injured his hand while the other victims were treated for light injuries and shock.

However the bomb did damage several buildings in the area

550LB I would have thought the digger would have ended up some disatnce away

5. I wouldn't say the yanks were late they are just................................... very very very SSSSLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW,MENTALLY AND PHYSICAL.

6. You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill

8)

7. Looks like the journos from the Telegraph are slow too. Check out the grammar in the last paragraph.

8. Were they on the Roundheads side or the Cavaliers? :?

9. well, because we have the best army in the world, and there afraid of us putting them to shame.

10. Commander Luke, I wish you well in your attempts to join, but please spare us your infantile wisdom.

11. aww bless.

does your mum know you're up this late?

12. Yanks late, no never. During two WWs they where too busy cleaning up the world markets of the combatants then working to hard expanding their industry and selling war materialto one or both sides WW I especially.
    Late never, just very well prepared to make a killing.
    john
    The is an old tale that The Kaiser granted an audience to the visiting Field Marshal Kitchener.
    Kitchener told the Kaiser that if Britain and Germany fought then the winner would be The USA.

13. According to some scholars, our own Civil War was actually a continuance of the struggle between the Roundheads and the Cavaliers; another clash between the cultural descendants of the two sides.

So yeah, we were late on that one, too. ;)

BTW, the Roundheads won in our case as well.

14. So it's true then? In films, it's always depicted that the US 5th Cavaliers turn up just a few moments too late.