Are the rules for the Darwin Awards still the same?

shagnasty

War Hero
Recently around our way two young lads blew themselves up fixing a motor bike in their flat, one dead one seriously injured. In another local tale another young fellah was eaten by his own dog....sadly died. Now my question is this; have these lads removed themselves from the gene pool through sheer stupidity/ accident or as per the rules of the Darwin awards.

Who gives a ****?

You don't need to die. Just remove from the gene pool as you stated.

Blowing your testicles off would qualify you to be nominated provided it was a really stupid act and not just a random accident and you have not previously had offspring.

Recently around our way two young lads blew themselves up fixing a motor bike in their flat, one dead one seriously injured. In another local tale another young fellah was eaten by his own dog....sadly died. Now my question is this; have these lads removed themselves from the gene pool through sheer stupidity/ accident or as per the rules of the Darwin awards.
Only those that die as a direct consequence of their own ill considered actions qualify for a Darwin Award.

Of your examples above, might I suggest that the first almost certainly qualifies but the second (the dog attack) almost certainly doesn't.

Only those that die as a direct consequence of their own ill considered actions qualify for a Darwin Award.

Of your examples above, might I suggest that the first almost certainly qualifies but the second (the dog attack) almost certainly doesn't.
Close but no cigar. See my above

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As the Darwin Awards were started, and continue to be, a piss take at anyone stupid enough to ensure their bloodline stops with them, then I don't think rules are mandatory! As long as you can laugh at their stupidity then award away.

All rules apply - stupidity is a prerequiste qualification for Darwin Awards - the stupider the better. The best rules apply when the Estate 'Little Sodjers' try to outrun Plod in stolen cars that ahve been Twocked, or run themselves off the road into the Evil Tree on motorbikes when they are pished up or doped up.
images

As they say on their website

Natural selection deems that some individuals
serve as a warning to others.
Who are we to disagree?
The next generation, ever and anon, is descended from the survivors.

Periodically, abos here get eaten alive by dogs. Usually they've passed out drunk and Rover and his pals decide it's lunch time.

Camp dogs: man's big problem

Last edited:
All rules apply - stupidity is a prerequiste qualification for Darwin Awards - the stupider the better. The best rules apply when the Estate 'Little Sodjers' try to outrun Plod in stolen cars that ahve been Twocked, or run themselves off the road into the Evil Tree on motorbikes when they are pished up or doped up.
images
Like the quartet in Bradford who ran their stolen car off the road and hit the propane tanks of their local chippie.
That's 4 crispy critters wrapped up, wi'bits...

He was having a seizure at the time the dog attacked him so I don't think it was his own stupidity that caused his demise, and therefore doesn't qualify as a Darwin award.
Makes the dog a bit of a jack cunt though.

I was once eaten by a camp dog - a WRAC kennel maid Melton Mowbray circa 1972. I almost reciprocated until the whiff of week old cod assailed my nostrils. Oh to be 19 again.......
Probably smells like peanut butter now.

He was having a seizure at the time the dog attacked him so I don't think it was his own stupidity that caused his demise, and therefore doesn't qualify as a Darwin award.
Owning a pitbull cross in the fist place must count for something.

Latest Threads