Are the Royal Marines wearing an American Uniform?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This chappy things so...

2. Typical Yank!
  3. Anglophobe shoite.
  4. Who gives a flying **** what the Bootnecks and the Jarheads wear? I'm Army through and through and I wear Khaki, not Lovat Green or some other abomination. There's an old joke about the Booties, isn't there? A lad walks into his local recruiting office and tells the Staff Sergeant behind the desk that he'd like to join the Army. 'Sure Son. What part of the Army would you like to join?' 'Do I get a choice?' 'Come with me Son, the Royal Marines are next door.'
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hee love it ...but while he's on, .ask Chappie who actually WON the encounter pictured at 2:12 ?.......If I'm not mistaken the painting portrays the action between HMS SHANNON and the USS Chesapeake....... might also let him know that the Corps had been in existence just over a hundred years before his colony was graciously granted its Independence by His Late Majesty King George :)

When asked what the initials on their shoulder slides stand for when on swap drafts at Quantico, the standard RM response is: " Real Marine".....

You might also ask him where the Devil Dogs were on 24th August 1814......ooops

" From the Halls of Montezo-o-o-o-oma to the Shores of Tripoli'....but let's not mention BLADENSBURG

...okay 5A...bring it on ! :)
  6. How insecure do you have to be to spend so many hours researching and putting together that load of old bollocks?
  7. Sean Penn will be outraged when he finds out.
  8. All Comments
    Adding comments has been disabled for this video.

Probably because the first 1000 said he had a very small and insecure penis.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'll bet ten euro his third cousin's aunt's second husband's great great grandfather had an uncle who came from the bog.
  10. Remember how the US copied the idea of having a marine corps from Britain?

And an Air Force?

11. Just point out that their first Army CoS and President was a "Colonel of the Virginia Regiment and Commander in Chief of all forces now raised in the defense of His Majesty's Colony"
  12. In the film The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner , Liv Tyler as Elizabeth Ross and William Hurt as General 'Thunderbolt' Ross and Tim Roth playing Captain Emil Bronsky (later becoming the Aboniable Thing ) as a Royal Marine officer 'on loan to SOCOM' . I guess Hollywood could not find a British uniform as such as he is strictly an exchange officer and should not be wearing a US Army SF one!

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

You write this over two years after a bad thread died a decent death and yet you wear a human skin without the slightest hint of shame...
    • Like Like x 4
  14. He's in the groove - that's the third time at least that he's pulled some historical thread back from the brink of necromancy.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The picture, if there was one, is missing. :? This thread probably didn't deserve resurrection as Hollywood routinely gets it wrong about clothing, weapons, etc. when they try to do a war movie.