Are the practice tests on the army mod website realistic?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by gibbo42, Aug 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

First off sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I wanted to ask, are the practice tests on the army mod website realistic when it comes to difficulty, time scale, number of questions, layout, etc?

I'm asking this because so far, the ones I've been through seemed fairly easy, I've gotten through them quite quickly and my pass marks so far have been over 80%.

I'm afraid of being loured into a fails sense of security, believing I'm going to pass everything, then end up failing one by miles on the day of the real tests.

Many Thanks.
  2. Are you joining the TA?
  3. I'm planning to yes.
  4. TBH, I can't imagine why the MoD website could be anything other than spot-on.

Can you print-off or otherwise save a record of your results? It might come in handy if you need to challenge 'the system' over it.
  5. I can tell you the test on the army website is the same ones at adsc. The staff did say though, that the barb test will be replaced soon with a new one can't remember the proper name for it. I have just completed selection

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

The new test will be the ACT, Army cgnitive Test
  7. They were still doing Barb last week at glencourse. They said that the ACT had been rolled out as a tester for a while this year but had been recalled for some kind of assessment to see if it was better than the Barb?!

The Barb was really basic though and you shouldn't struggle at all with it

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)