Are The Gloves Coming Off?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lsquared, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is reported that HM Revenue & Customs are investigating the tax affairs of twenty seven MPs. I hope that certain 'Peers' are also under investigation.

This is an important development. It is to be hoped that the Revenue will conduct these 'investigations' with the vigour and venom they usually deploy against the average 'Joe'. Any question of a 'whitewash' will lead to an outcry of gigantic proportions.

Sadly, this government has lost all credibility and is not believed at all anymore. It has proved itself capable of altering facts to suit it's own aims and prejudices. I have no doubt it is capable of exerting pressure on the Revenue to ensure the outcome of these investigations does not embarrass Brown and his minions

2. 3 votes all saying NO.God we've become quite cynical haven't we?

3. Make that 4.

4. The ultimate bad career move for an Inspector of Taxes: to open a case on an MP. You must be joking!

5. Don't worry too much about the taxman.The 'investigation' will go on until after the next election.The guilty will say sorry,and no jail time for any of the fekkers.

6. The investigation will undoubtedly be thorough, doesn't mean the results will ever see the light of day though

7. It's not just the government that has lost credibility and believability but the whole of Parliament.

They thought Legg would do an endex debrief

With "new" rules in place he was, I am sure, expected to draw a line under the past and say something along the lines of "Ok the past is passed now work to the new system"

No paying back??, say "Sorry"??, go to the HoLs?? step down with pension and a handshake?

Oh I do hope HMRC and the police finish these worms off!

But I'm not holding my breath,

8. Yet another whitewashed investigation,in a long line of them.

9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

The Poll clearly shows the complete lack of faith in any arm of the UK Govt these days.

You might laugh at the "Sir Humphrey" from Yes Minister/Prime Minister, but at least he ensured the country was run properly despite the incumbent Govt. I have grave doubts that those in a comfortable office at HMRC [or the latest set of Initials] give a tinkers' cuss. They will therefore ensure they don't make too many waves.

The Legg Inquiry seems to have gone off the rails at startex ... another masterpiece by the UK Govt/Broon/Bercow.

10. If an MP is convicted of an offense and imprisoned due to an activity realated to him being an MP, does he lose his seat, pension etc

11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

It really screwed Lord Archer, didn't it.

12. I hate the thought of them getting a pension and that rsettlement lump sum.

13. The police, especially the Met, are little more than the para-military wing of ZANU-Labour. So I don't hold out much hope that HM R&C will do any better.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. :evil:

14. Sadly, the sentence I have 'bolded' above is so true.

I predict that there will be one high profile case brought against one 'thief' from each of the three main political parties.

The ignoble 'lords and ladies' will get off 'scot free'.

15. That term could take on a new meaning after a certain illegal immigrant/employer problem came to light.