Are the Chinese all ex-squaddies?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Oct 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Other than an ability to get locked up in any language or wnak in a sanger, the other truly squaddie-special skill I've witnessed is the ability to get some shut-eye anywhere - especially on exercise. I think the Chinese are on one big stag, given this website - some heavy sleepers there:

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

What the hell were you searching for to find that?
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

top site
  4. Most probably because they all work 15 hour days
  5. WTF??!! Can I ask how you came to 'accidentally' stumble across this site?!
    Peanut Head
  6. There was a gym in Shenzhen that began hiring out crash mats at lunchtime so local office workers could get their heads down for a crafty gonk. It got to the point there wasn't room anymore for the lunchtime classes. Brilliant idea, wish I'd thought of it.
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I could see it catching on!
  8. It’s an Asian thing, my workers suffer from sleep depravation after 4 hours without sleep ,If they miss a food brake they are rolling around on the floor holding their belly crying “PAIN PAIN” less than hour later.
  9. There's a chinese kid in my class who sleeps constantly EVERY break.

Must be the cool thing to do in China.
  10. There was an article on the Telegraph website that linked to it - not that you'd read the Telegraph.

11. because the kid's parents will force them to get best grades...
  12. My Paki's and indians sleep at a moments notice....lazy bast@rds
  13. As an ex Matelot I have acquired the ability to kip anywhere, anytime. I am not of Asian origin, whether it be slopeheaded or ragheaded.

My mrs however is not impressed with this feature, dropping off in the Doctors waiting room whilst waiting for my turn is embarassing and out of order, I should be talking to her in hushed tones, not snoring quietly away until my name is called..

Do you think I may have someAsian Ancestry I am not aware of or am I just a lazy Tw@t?
  14. Right with you on that one, I spend a lot of time in hospital waiting rooms, often for hours on end, and would rather kip than try to engage in small talk. Being of Yorkshire origins, my mum has many neighbours of an Asian persuasion, and I must have picked up 'lateral ancestry' during my visits to her.

Time for squaddy bye byes, time for squaddy bye byes.
  15. They're not that obvious, tis' a simple matter of "face" e.g. whilst working in Bangkok in 2002 and on a business trip to Tokyo I was slightly freaked out to realize that the Thai junior I took with me was able to sleep with his eyes open on the flight 8O Response I had afterwards was that he'd taught himself at school - smart kid which is why he was driving a BMW to work and I was walking :oops: